First round

Started by wrastle63, March 16, 2017, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

Announcer on mat #1 said both wrestlers were issued a "citation for inactivity", never heard stall called that before but funny.

wrastle63

Big win by Jiminez!!!

DocWrestling

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 16, 2017, 08:05:04 PM
Big win by Jiminez!!!

Looked like a different wrestler when he has some confidence.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Myles Martin loses to Illinois wrestler.  So far Penn St has the injuries but no upsets of their wrestlers yet.  OK St and Ohio St have each had a wrestler lose that should not have.

Actually OK State 285 got upset by Northwestern also

CLC FAN

How many times was that announcer going to say "Robertson" while Christensen was wrestling?!?!?!?!

It was a tight match anyway, and for some reason that was just driving me crazy!

Thanks for winning, Ryan and helping me not put a fist through my laptop.

imwi

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 16, 2017, 09:01:08 PM
How many times was that announcer going to say "Robertson" while Christensen was wrestling?!?!?!?!

It was a tight match anyway, and for some reason that was just driving me crazy!

Heard a guy today that reminded me of the ol' Student U announcers, called a 4 point TD, then corrected it to 2 TD 4 NF.  Then he tried to give a point for a stall warning.  I talked with Shane up at the state meet, he said it's a lot harder than one would think,  but this is the NCAAs, you'd think they have the A team.  

Harris

Two pins to close out the day.  Nice job Badgers!

wrastle63

Quote from: Harris on March 16, 2017, 09:18:20 PM
Two pins to close out the day.  Nice job Badgers!
Great way to end the day! Still have 8 guys alive for tomorrow!

DocWrestling

Those were two big pins

CLC FAN

I will say, for the guys we have in the consolations - especially Ricky, Ritter, and Ruschell - they look like mean SOB's with a plan on top.  Even when guys get away, it was usually because those guys were being aggressive for a dominant position.  

It would be good to see that kind of tenacity from bottom and neutral from everybody too... but it was great to see it from the top position in back to back matches.  Ricky hit a spladle that he forced.  He didn't accidentally find himself in that position; he forced himself there.  Ritter was down 2-0, hit a cradle for 4, then went right back to it and forced another cradle for the fall!

mkm13

Very good round.  Jimenez will have a very tough one next round, but the others all have a chance to win another if they wrestle a good match. 

Would have been nice to have one more of them win the first match, but have to be satisfied with everything considering the matchups.

Ghetto

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 16, 2017, 09:01:08 PM

It was painful. Christiansen did next to nothing. Listening to the announcer made it worse.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Huckfinn

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 16, 2017, 09:23:18 PM
It would be good to see that kind of tenacity from bottom and neutral from everybody too... but it was great to see it from the top position in back to back matches.  Ricky hit a spladle that he forced.  He didn't accidentally find himself in that position; he forced himself there.  Ritter was down 2-0, hit a cradle for 4, then went right back to it and forced another cradle for the fall!
The bracket at FLO says Ritter got pinned and is out of the tournament.  I missed the end of the match.   I see Track agrees with you.

It is really hard to see all the matches you want to.  I try and partially follow 2 or 3 at a time.

TomM

Ritter had an odd first period with the guy and then locked up two cradles, pinning the guy eventually. He was straining hard for the fall.

Try to remember the competition at this level has a lot to say about how you do and appear to be doing in matches. I can't imagine.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Musky Hunter

Quote from: TomM on March 16, 2017, 11:58:07 PM
Ritter had an odd first period with the guy and then locked up two cradles, pinning the guy eventually. He was straining hard for the fall.

Try to remember the competition at this level has a lot to say about how you do and appear to be doing in matches. I can't imagine.

Any athletic competition at this level is awesome.  These young men did a great job today.  Kudos to the coaches and athletes.