Dekker Declaring for NBA Draft

Started by Goat Roper, April 10, 2015, 02:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

The badgers will be fine next year. I am not saying they are going to be the team they were this year but overall they will be still a fine, well coached Bo team we have come to enjoy watching.

Personally I believe that Hayes has the most upside of the big 3 this year and I believe with Koening running the show next year Hayes will have a monster year. The Badgers might become more of a individual team with Hayes the go to guy and Koeing running the show.

I can see Hayes with a 20 PPG kind of stat line to be honest. Koening with a 16 and 6 line and with those 2 increasing their scoring that will make up some of the scoring that is leaving.

Bo is a good coach with I would bet a idea of what to do next year and I would bet it would be a very sound game plan.

Though I do see the Badgers with the 4-7 mark in the Big10. Maybe a semi final run in the Big10 tourny and a first round win at the NCAA. All in all I wouldnt think that was a bad year. 20-10 with a 1-1 record in the NCAA.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

dad 2 5

Starting five: Koenig; Showalter; Brown; Hayes; Happ
Not sure who would be behind them but seems thin on the beach from there.
Unimpressed with Brown so far
Hear great things about Happ.
Going to be hard to keep Bo's string of NCAA appears going but he is great at getting a lot out of player especially between there SO and Jr year which they will have 4 Jr and a So start.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Goat Roper on April 11, 2015, 06:28:54 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 11, 2015, 05:57:14 PM
The badgers will be fine next year. I am not saying they are going to be the team they were this year but overall they will be still a fine, well coached Bo team we have come to enjoy watching.

Personally I believe that Hayes has the most upside of the big 3 this year and I believe with Koening running the show next year Hayes will have a monster year. The Badgers might become more of a individual team with Hayes the go to guy and Koeing running the show.

I can see Hayes with a 20 PPG kind of stat line to be honest. Koening with a 16 and 6 line and with those 2 increasing their scoring that will make up some of the scoring that is leaving.

Bo is a good coach with I would bet a idea of what to do next year and I would bet it would be a very sound game plan.

Though I do see the Badgers with the 4-7 mark in the Big10. Maybe a semi final run in the Big10 tourny and a first round win at the NCAA. All in all I wouldnt think that was a bad year. 20-10 with a 1-1 record in the NCAA.

That would be a 32nd place finish.

which is pretty awesome after two final fours.  what a program bo has built.  simply awesome.  great man both him and gard. 

Ghetto

Traevon Jackson was the point before he got hurt. He will take over that role again. Koenig will love to the two guard and shoot it a bit more than in the past. Show alter will be that guy that does the dirty work.

Expect a drop off  for sure. You don't lose two first round picks and just regroup at Wisconsin. Kentucky and Duke yes.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

badgerjohn

Quote from: Ghetto on April 11, 2015, 10:26:38 PM
Traevon Jackson was the point before he got hurt. He will take over that role again. Koenig will love to the two guard and shoot it a bit more than in the past. Show alter will be that guy that does the dirty work.

Expect a drop off  for sure. You don't lose two first round picks and just regroup at Wisconsin. Kentucky and Duke yes.

Ghetto, quick delete your post before anybody else sees it   :o   Traevon is a senior   ;)
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

mkm13

Quote from: Ghetto on April 11, 2015, 10:26:38 PM

Jackson is gone as well.  Koenig will be remain at point and Showalter and Hill will be the other 2 guards.  Pritzl could be the 4th if he transitions to college basketball well.  I assume his defense will be lacking right away.  

With Koenig and Hayes, you have 2 of the top 15 players in the big 10 next year.  Happ will be the next guy to "surprise".  Below are a few of many extremely positive quotes on Happ recently:

"Ethan dominates in practices," added Gasser. "He's a really good post player and he has the ability to come in and play right now if we needed to. But he's smart and wanted to redshirt and kind of make the most out of his four years."

"He's going to be one of the better players ever to wear the Badger uniform," Ryan said. "He has accepted his role of being the big man for the other team in every practice. He's non-stop, he's improved in so many areas, and he loves to compete."

NBA scouts are keeping a close eye on all three of those Badgers, yet senior guard Josh Gasser says this of Happ: "Best player on the court sometimes."

npope

What happens if Bo Ryan surprises us with a "no mas" statement? He is no spring chicken you know and next year will not be near as much fun as this year. While very little has been mentioned on this front, if you were him, wouldn't this be the "right" time to leave the big stage? Does he have it in him to nurse along a new bunch of lesser talented individuals for a couple of years?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ghetto

I didn't know Jackson was a senior. I take back what I said. They will drop to 5th or 6th in the B1G.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestle84

The badger bb team will be just fine. I don't expect a final four, but they will in the top 20 and top 4 in the big 10. Showalter will be coming off the bench and Hill or Pritzl will start. Happ will turn some heads. Vitto Brown is not the answer. There could be a true freshman at one of the forward spots.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/what-will-badgers-roster-look-like-next-season-b99476568z1-298930171.html

Dale Einerson

I saw the Badgers play earlier this year, when Happ was allowed to play without it negatively impacting his decision to redshirt.  He was an unstoppable offensive force.  The way Happ's teammates reacted to him being on the floor reminded me of watching the Badger Hockey team players sitting forward when Dany Heatley took the ice as a newcomer.  All of the team knew he was special.

Dekker leaving significantly impacts the team for next year, but, this year Bo had 3 Wisconsin kids in his starting 5.  Not necessarily top 100 recruits nationally; he kind of did okay.  I happen to believe, maybe I just choose to believe, but this is precisely what Bo likes doing.

Plus, Dekker leaving increases the chance of a blue chipper wanting to come to Wisconsin.  It creates an immediate and unexpected, added hole for recruitment.  There are a whole lot of basketballers that want to play as Freshman; Bo generally has few freshmen playing...and generally not playing a lot of minutes.

Finally, my favorite player on the 2014-2015 team was Showalter.  Probably the best athlete on the floor...  Guy is built like a college wrestler, has more hops than all but maybe 1 other guy in the nation, give him and Hayes an offseason to shoot about 1k J's a day and they will become scorers.  I expect Koenig will be less streaky of a shooter by next year too.

Sad to see Dekker go, but entirely believe this was his year to maximize his draft potential.  Without Kaminski to draw off defenders and kick the ball back outside, Dekker was going to be double teamed all of next year...Biggest thing lowering Dekker's draft placement is the 7, 5 starters +2, from Kentucky.

harley

Jimmy

Man you guys are basketball experts also.impressive . What can you tell me about the rowing team?

littleguy301

Quote from: Jimmy on April 13, 2015, 08:50:20 PM
Man you guys are basketball experts also.impressive . What can you tell me about the rowing team?

Pretty solid program they have in Wisconsin.

I believe the mens program is rated in the top ten was on an app I have on my phone.

The womens lightweight is top 5 because I think they return 5 of teams members that finished 3 last year in some final 8 competition. Write up on a paper I read in Madison

The mens coach has been there since the mid 90's or around the same time as BD. Though I am not sure if he has every won a championship thought the badgers did win a couple I believe back in the 80's.

IF your wondering why I know, when at the Kohls Center I have to walk by the hall of fame to get to my seats and I take notice of that wall and this past year I spent some time looking at the rowing section ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on April 13, 2015, 10:08:18 AM
Quote from: Musky Hunter on April 11, 2015, 08:28:08 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on April 11, 2015, 06:28:54 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 11, 2015, 05:57:14 PM

That would be a 32nd place finish.

which is pretty awesome after two final fours.  what a program bo has built.  simply awesome.  great man both him and gard. 

Not arguing that point.  The roster has gotten very thin and the fans should expect a poor finish this year.  With the powder puff non-conference schedule we should win 20 games.

I think they are back in the ACC challenge and have some pretty tough non-conference games and tournaments that they are in. I am sure they have a couple of no-brainers but usually they play a solid non-conference schedule.

leg turk

I love how Wrestling related topics get moved, but a basketball thread stays right at the top.  ::)