Any Truth?

Started by Hyde, June 09, 2013, 08:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyde

I've heard that Donar is transferring from Minnesota to Bucky. It was said that he was unhappy there. Anyone else hear this rumor?

npope

Assuming the rumor has some truth to it, that would mean Donar is jumping from the frying pan into the fire as far as a competitive situation. Donar is listed at 141 for the Gophers - that would already be one of the most competitive weights for the Badgers this coming year. Of course, the potential for a transfer by Donar remains to be seen.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

brotherofagoodwrestler

I have absolutely no knowledge of the situation so its pure speculation. One thing I don't see for two more years is anyone taking Dardanes out of the line-up. He's not only a great wrestler but when there was equal wrestlers in the room....rumor was they didn't even get a wrestle-off chance. But again no concrete evidence. Only a few coaches and the individual wrestlers themselves know what was promised, or chances given.

digimon

I did hear that rumor flying around at the end of the season. Jared wrestled mostly at 149. The final stats on their website have him 0-2 @ 141 and 10-10 @ 149. All of these matches were at open tournaments I believe. I wish him well where ever he plans to strap on the headgear and pull up those singlet straps. There's lots of wrestling ahead for Jared if he wants to.

mkm13

He would provide good depth in the room. Ruschell beat Donar 17-7 this year so it seems like he would have a tough time beating out ruschell/lubeck/york at uw at 149 as well.

Rat

I talked with a very good source Friday night and was told he will be a Badger this year. Jarod will have to sit out this year. Welcome home!!

leg turk

This is interesting, I thought the UW showed no interest in him at all the first go around?

bkraus

WOW!  The competition at 141 and 149 in the room is already huge.  That would make it even that much better!
Strive for Perfection

dad 2 5

could this strengthen 57? seems like that is a weight we need some additional competition at.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Jake Donar wrestled 145 in high school his senior year and 174 in college.  Maybe his younger brother Jarod will get bigger as well !!

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

digimon

Jarod has the frame for it.

BRF Wrestling

That would be great news I think his brother just transferred jobs to Madison that might also be the change in mind?
NO PAIN...NO PAIN...

GoodGod

I heard from a pretty reliable source that Jarod was looking at heading east to be coached by a former Badger AA but maybe that fell through. Hope its true, would love to see the kid wearing red.

hammen

I know Tanelli recruited him out of high school. I don't think Hofstra would be a good location for a guy from WI who likes to fish and hunt though.

Harris

Quote from: TechFall119 on June 14, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's cool if he comes home to madison and all, but I don't see him being a national champ or all american...he will just be one of the guys in the room..

That's the kind of post that I would hang in my locker  ;)