NCAA’s Day 2

Started by GrappleGuy, March 22, 2024, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 23, 2024, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: npope on March 23, 2024, 11:20:28 AMBerge (184) from SDSU was destroyed by Liegel in the first round and then made his way all the way through the consolation brackets to now be going for third/fourth place. Good for Berge, but it shows just how close Liegel was to actually placing and placing well.

Berge first match at the NCAA national tournament and lost to Liegal. Then gets his wheels under him and look at that roll! While I feel Liegal did great this year not sure if rolls are reverses Liegal goes on that roll. Berge is a 2X world medalist also.

I would agree that what Berge did would likely not have been replicated by Liegel had Liegel been in the same position but rather, a day earlier Liegel handily defeated this year's fourth place finisher at his weight. Hard to suggest that Liegel isn't in that guy's league...just sayin'.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

DocWrestling

I hope it spurs more lower division guys to get money to go D1 and fill holes in lineups.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Just some perspective.

Badgers finished 6th among Big Ten teams.  Finished ahead of Minnesota
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

littleguy301

Quote from: npope on March 23, 2024, 02:10:00 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 23, 2024, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: npope on March 23, 2024, 11:20:28 AMBerge (184) from SDSU was destroyed by Liegel in the first round and then made his way all the way through the consolation brackets to now be going for third/fourth place. Good for Berge, but it shows just how close Liegel was to actually placing and placing well.

Berge first match at the NCAA national tournament and lost to Liegal. Then gets his wheels under him and look at that roll! While I feel Liegal did great this year not sure if rolls are reverses Liegal goes on that roll. Berge is a 2X world medalist also.

I would agree that what Berge did would likely not have been replicated by Liegel had Liegel been in the same position but rather, a day earlier Liegel handily defeated this year's fourth place finisher at his weight. Hard to suggest that Liegel isn't in that guy's league...just sayin'.

Not saying he isn't. Any level wrestler is a hammer in my eyes. Just saying that a redshirt freshmen has a huge up side and Liegal has had a great college career! That isnthe difference.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

BadgerOne

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 23, 2024, 02:24:47 PMJust some perspective.

Badgers finished 6th among Big Ten teams.  Finished ahead of Minnesota

True and UW finished ahead of Rutgers too, but they were a very distant sixth place at 24.5 points as fifth place Ohio State scored 58 points with Welsh and Mendez still to go and even South Dakota State nearly doubled UW's total with 48.5.  So kind of a mixed bag. 

Edit: Mendez won, so fifth in the Big Ten went to Nebraska with 60.5 points.  The 36 points separating 5th and 6th places among the Big Ten Teams illustrates that there is a huge gap between the Top Five and the rest of the field.