Thoughts on ducking?

Started by wrestle_4ever, March 12, 2024, 10:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle_4ever

Starocci ducking Shane Griffith earlier this season in the dual meet may rob the wrestling world of a highly anticipated match we all hoped to see.

I know Cael and PSU like to play this game, but I hate how it impacts seeding and think it is downright bad for the sport.

What do you guys think?
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

harley25

Remember the goal!!! It is not to win a match in middle of December it is to win the NCAA

wrestle_4ever

Cmon harley wheres your spirit!?

Give the people what they want!!

Oh, and don't be a wuss.

harley25

Quote from: wrestle_4ever on March 12, 2024, 11:31:44 AMCmon harley wheres your spirit!?

Give the people what they want!!

Oh, and don't be a wuss.

Remember the Goal, they don't care what YOU want, they are after one thing and its not a dual match in December

wrestle03

A healthy Starocci has no worries with Shane Griffith......

vsmf2010

wrestle_4ever

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 12, 2024, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: wrestle03 on March 12, 2024, 04:53:20 PMA healthy Starocci has no worries with Shane Griffith......

+1

Thanks vsmf, that explains why he didn't wrestle him earlier in the year.

A healthy Shane presents a whole lot of problems for Carter, injured or not, and he knows it.

littleguy301

I take carter but I also believe when both are healthy it could be a fun one!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

No One Cares

Starocci houses Griffith.  It wouldn't be close. 

wiscowrestlingfan1

you say Cael and psu like to play this game, curious what other times they have done it this year?

vsmf2010

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrestle_4ever on March 12, 2024, 09:27:15 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 12, 2024, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: wrestle03 on March 12, 2024, 04:53:20 PMA healthy Starocci has no worries with Shane Griffith......

+1

Thanks vsmf, that explains why he didn't wrestle him earlier in the year.

A healthy Shane presents a whole lot of problems for Carter, injured or not, and he knows it.

Interesting point of view. In the PSU dual Griffith beat PSU's backup 65 2-1. CS also missed the Rutgers and MSU duals. Was he ducking Jackson Turley and DJ Shannon? 

littleguy301

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 13, 2024, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: No One Cares on March 12, 2024, 11:26:26 PMStarocci houses Griffith.  It wouldn't be close. 

+1

Looking at results over the years carter and Shane have similar scores against common opponents. Not saying all but some. I thought carter would house him also until I looked up some scores and then thought different.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrestle_4ever

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 13, 2024, 11:45:15 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 13, 2024, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: No One Cares on March 12, 2024, 11:26:26 PMStarocci houses Griffith.  It wouldn't be close. 

+1

Looking at results over the years carter and Shane have similar scores against common opponents. Not saying all but some. I thought carter would house him also until I looked up some scores and then thought different.

Me and you see eye to eye littleguy.

Also worth noting that Washington is one of the few wrestlers to have a win over Carter in his career