More Snowy Owls In Wisconsin

Started by imnofish, December 18, 2013, 09:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Not this year yet but last year we found on the side of the road had some issue would not fly so I called the Raptor rescue center in Antigo. They came and got it. Very cool birds the eyes are so yellow they pierce right through you.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

I got pics of this one so does my son they wanted me to put it in a box... they are nuts I told them so talons on that thing were unreal.

imnofish

I had one bounce off my windshield one winter night, about 20 years ago, just south of Superior.  Could not find it, though.  Scared the daylights out of the wife and me!   :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I get excited every year when I hear about them; but I have yet to see one. Got a great horned rigth across the street, though. hear him all the time and see him maybe once every two weeks. To see him at night is something, though. That's a lot of meat than can move a lotta fast and real quiet-like.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DrSnide

Quote from: imnofish on December 18, 2013, 10:30:06 PM
I had one bounce off my windshield one winter night, about 20 years ago, just south of Superior.  Could not find it, though.  Scared the daylights out of the wife and me!   :o

clipped a great horned owl by Lake Wissota once with the boys in the car.  It happened in a flash and I thought for sure I hit a kid. Worst feeling ever.   
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on December 18, 2013, 12:13:58 PM
Not this year yet but last year we found on the side of the road had some issue would not fly so I called the Raptor rescue center in Antigo. They came and got it. Very cool birds the eyes are so yellow they pierce right through you.

How'd ya like to be the raptor guy that came for that thing? Dang strong bird, there. Got some weaponry on it.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.