Tournament?

Started by pantherphotoman, February 04, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shouldvewrestled

Quick projection I have it

Ells 276
Am 272
NR 252

An upset or two and mat points could determine this one.  Young Mr. Stuhl at 120 could play a big role in the outcome.

justaclone22

Perhaps I am overvaluing or you are undervaluing past performances and historical data. We will see on Saturday. Good luck everyone!

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: justaclone22 on February 06, 2015, 11:18:46 AM
Perhaps I am overvaluing or you are undervaluing past performances and historical data. We will see on Saturday. Good luck everyone!

I think you hit it on the head earlier saying have to have all wrestlers place top 3-4 with a few champs and seconds. Looking at tournament I see Amery and Ellsworth doing this. Past performance says Ellsworth does it and Amery doesn't. Will see, I think Amery comes to wrestle tomorrow. Will be fun race if all 3 bring their A games.
Also in my projection I would say there is more room for Ellsworth to score points than Amery, I tend to give some tossups to Ellsworth opponents even though in my heart I feel different.

westside

106 ELLSWORTH
113 AMERY
120 PRESCOTT
126 AMERY
132 NEW RICHMOND
138 DURAND
145 NEW RICHMOND
152 NEW RICHMOND
160 ELLSWORTH
170 ELLSWORTH
182 AMERY
195 SOMERSET
220 ELLSWORTH
HWT NEW RICHMOND

TEAM ELLSWORTH

Jimmy

Would sure love to have little guys input! Aperently he didn't pay his electric bill

Street Glide

I'm going with NR.  Half the team is undefeated in conference matches. 

NWIS

The byes really hurt Amery. They lost 20 pts.

justaclone22

I agree. Ellsworth won this tournament in the seeding meeting when Trackwrestling drew for byes.

FinalWord

Drawing for byes is archaic. It dooms teams with 3rd and 4th seeds. The progression of byes goes back to the Dark Ages when I competed. Then a bye was worth 0. Nobody wanted one. Now, like in Regional WIAA rules, all wrestlers are seeded. Why all tournaments don't adopt this remains baffling to the enlighted.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

shouldvewrestled

Ellsworth lost points by the draws too so overall would still say it was won on the mats.

Also congrats to Keifer on winning Most Outstanding Wrestler. Was some great matches and excitement. Good luck to all conference wrestlers at regionals and beyond.

NWIS1

Congratulations to the Panthers for winning their 87th title in a row....or something like that. I don't believe either NR or Ells could have squeezed any more points out of the meet. Nearly 100% from both teams. Amery's lowers seeded wrestlers finished below their seeds.

Street Glide

Nice job Ellsworth.  Congrats.  They seemed to seal the deal in the first round with all their team winning with pins except for one.  Ellsworth was up by twent then and that's about what they won bye.  The bonus points Ellsworth gathers with their middle level wrestlers won this for them.  Nice job.
          Myself I would have awarded Adler the Fuller award.  JMO

mbcguy

I guess the most impressive thing about this years title for Ellsworth is that they did it with 11 new starters.  Most of them with very limited varsity experience.

Jimmy

I should know better than to argue with you glide ,but here goes.Adler looked awesome no doubt as well as one of my favorites to watch Bennett Paulson. But mr.Keifer did beat a two time state place winner to capture his title.

Street Glide

I agree, but the two time state place winner is significantly injured. He's obvious not close to 100% and is doing the best he can.  This of course is no slight to Kiefer, he can only wrestle who steps in the circle.  Paulson is a good vote too.  Another thing I've noticed at many tournaments is some wrestlers get by passed because they're expected to win it all.  Kids like Marko, Jens Lantz for example.   I bet most didn't know J Lantz never was awarded a OW in all the tournaments he won.  That seems strange, but does give validity to the ones expected to win it get overlooked.  All in all every tournament can have many deserving kids, and at times is almost impossible to single out just one.