Duals week of 11/30

Started by littleguy301, November 30, 2014, 10:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Well lets hear them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there much of anything other than the start of the season ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Remember people, there is 3 other duals besides the Amery and Ellsworth dual!!!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

really,,,,crickets, crickets, crickets.

I thought some one would be pounding their respective chest about something.

NWIS

Som vs Pre (postponed)
NR 11 Dur 3
Osc vs BW should be close. Slight edge to Osc.
Am vs Ells. Warriors 8-6 with bonus points in 4 or 5 matches.

Street Glide

Well I'll start this off.

The Amery Ellsworth match certainly is on top of the list.  Not just for this conference but for any dual in the state.  Until Ellsworth gets knocked off they still are the one to beat.  Year after year after year they have proven to be able to reload.  This year not only have they reloaded with wrestlers, but also with coaches.  After Steldts departure they now have 2 new head coaches Adam Sheeley and Mark Matzek.  Along with Jack (the godfather) still looming around that wrestling room, Carson Huppert and obvious alumnus, the Ellsworth squad is fully equipped coach wise.  Not to mention the late great Middle school coach.  Now Amery has one coach and a assistant coach. Both teams have relatively the same amount of wrestlers out but Amery has a larger work load with only 2 coaches.  With Amery returning 6 state qualifiers really does give Ellsworth a problem.  With in those 6 returners bonus points are very likely.  Ellsworths meat and potatoes are their middle weights 152,160,and 170.  IMO they will need bonus points with 2 out of 3 here.  I have great respect for Ellsworths wrestling program, but I'm going with Amery in this dual at this time of year.  Scott Marko has done a terrific job building this wrestling program.   Who ever wins the match, it will be a good barometer for the team state push.

Amery over Ellsworth
New Richmond over Durand.   Curious to see Durands progress from a nice rebuilding year.
Baldwin over Oseola       Coin flip for me without seeing them yet.

I believe Sommerset and Prescott are off due to Somersets winning yet another State Football title.  Congratulations!!!    Always root for this part of the state and the MBC!!

littleguy301

Osceola vs BW,,,,,,toss up but I will give the Osceola faithful the nod in front of their home crowd.
New Richmond over Durand though I think this may be a close one.
Amery over Ellsworth in a blow out like 7-7 or 8-6 with Amery getting the bonus points.

Seriously people, I do not think Amery is going to blow the doors off of Ellsworth, just trying to make light of one AWESOME dual though I give the nod to Amery on bonus points.

Oldtimer

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 02, 2014, 10:25:07 PM
Osceola vs BW,,,,,,toss up but I will give the Osceola faithful the nod in front of their home crowd.
Amery over Ellsworth in a blow out like 7-7 or 8-6 with Amery getting the bonus points.

Seriously people, I do not think Amery is going to blow the doors off of Ellsworth, just trying to make light of one AWESOME dual though I give the nod to Amery on bonus points.

Boy would that be a turnaround.  I'm hoping.
Beware of the northern sleeper

FinalWord

Quote from: Oldtimer on December 04, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

Ouch!

" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

littleguy301

Quote from: FinalWord on December 04, 2014, 02:12:15 PM
Quote from: Oldtimer on December 04, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

Ouch!

the real question should be if Word will actually show up or be to nervous to watch. Maybe in the "special
" booth with blinders on ;)

couldhavebeen

FinalWord

I stood by the door, many trips to the water fountain. I'm still in a state of disbelief. That BW transfer was worth every penny, plus bonuses. Few fans on either side of the gym could have seen that outcome prior to the match.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

uncle Fester

even fester fell out of his chair...
we didnt come here for a picnic

hasbeen132

can those of us unable to attend get the results please?
hasbeen132

NWIS

Occording to tw, it looked like Amery had everybody with lots of new names for Ellsworth. Did Conner wrestle 126? Tw had his name there but Amery lost that match??

couldhavebeen

littleguy301

Quote from: FinalWord on December 04, 2014, 10:25:09 PM
I stood by the door, many trips to the water fountain. I'm still in a state of disbelief. That BW transfer was worth every penny, plus bonuses. Few fans on either side of the gym could have seen that outcome prior to the match.

Curds please?