State Champ Ian Smith

Started by bud, December 13, 2023, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud

Anyone know why he's been out of Northwestern's lineup?
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

Scramble_king

He injured his shoulder during football. Not sure when he will be back on the mat

bigoil

There was an article that he had surgery early October, last game I believe it said was something like September 29th.

IMPACT1

Ian had an MRI in early fall of 2022 that showed identical 180 degree labrum tears in his left and right shoulders caused by an abnormality. He chose to postpone surgery after discussion with his surgeon and wrestle the '22-'23 season. Without much holding his arms in place he had dozens of dislocations during competition and that includes the state tournament. First surgery was April of '23 second surgery was October of '23 and after extensive work with an elite sports therapist he'll be back better than ever in January. 

Kwishoff

If he can come back from that I want his surgeon because I've torn mine 3 times now after surgeries. 

bud

Glad to hear his surgeries went well. look forward to watching him in February!

kmoc33

I dont know this kid at all. Heard the name but I have kind of fallen out of touch with a lot of the HS kids lately. But this is the type of kid you want in your class, on your team , as an employee. What a wonderful example of what these young men put themselves thru to be able to compete. Wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

bud

Nice to see the young man back in the lineup!