Upsets today at conference tournaments?

Started by ankle pick, February 07, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkKnight

Quote from: standup on February 08, 2015, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: oneshot on February 08, 2015, 10:07:04 AM
WVC - 152 lb final - Brock Benitz forfeiting the finals to SPASH's Fritz Schierl. I heard Benitz had the flu and could not wrestle the final. Maybe not an upset but a match I think would have been great to see.
Did the flu develop after the semis?

Maybe he had the flu, and he was to weak after his 3rd match to go on. I'm guessing he knew Schierl would tear him apart if he wasn't close to 100%.

He'll take em on when he has to. Benitz a dark horse to win it??

DarkKnight

Quote from: padre on February 08, 2015, 07:20:41 AM
Quote from: DarkKnight on February 07, 2015, 07:22:45 PM
Peplinski losing to Sokolski at the CWC 170 lb final, I am gonna go on a limb and say Alex Peplinski was ill or something. BUt nice accomplishment by Sokolski

Not ill.  Big throw put him in a big hole.

Ah  I see... Sokolski is pretty strong.

matdad

Ok, so if you have the flu and are not 100% coming into the day and you know you possibly could pull out of competition early; why not just get rested up for the upcoming state series? Why choose to go into close competition with others while being contagious and potentially infect them just before regional competition?

AmerysFinest

Once you decide to step on the mat there are no excuses illness or no illness

padre

Quote from: matdad on February 08, 2015, 01:30:38 PM
Ok, so if you have the flu and are not 100% coming into the day and you know you possibly could pull out of competition early; why not just get rested up for the upcoming state series? Why choose to go into close competition with others while being contagious and potentially infect them just before regional competition?

Team points and they needed them.

Mat Warrior

Ever Wake Up Not Feeling 100% But Go To Work Figuring As The Day Goes On You Will Feel Better But End Up Going Home Because It Got Worse?

I Don't Know Why But My Phone Is Capitalizing Every Word And I Cant Correct It. LOL

handsandtoes

Give him credit for trying I will guarantee he is not the first wrestler that tried but couldn't finish the day. 

mojo123

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: matdad on February 08, 2015, 01:30:38 PM

There is a lot of pressure out there now from coaches to get as many team points as possible. Hopefully nobody else gets sick who was around him!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

aspan43

Pewaukee won the Woodland tournament beating the Whitdale alliance, despite not having their ranked heavyweight available.  Everyone from 152 and up bumped up to cover for him and 4 of those guys took 1st, one 2nd, and two took 3rd.

El Conquistador

I believe Brock weighed in at 147 and change so he must of been sick, or maybe he's going to 145???

bigG

Quote from: aspan43 on February 08, 2015, 04:18:11 PM
Pewaukee won the Woodland tournament beating the Whitdale alliance, despite not having their ranked heavyweight available.  Everyone from 152 and up bumped up to cover for him and 4 of those guys took 1st, one 2nd, and two took 3rd.

Pewaukee kinda makes its own champions. Props to Kurth!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stbird

NR JT Bird over 7th ranked Bryce Fitzgerald 9-3 in 126 pound SLC final. 

wrestling#1

Gabe Braam - East Troy was seated 6th in the Rock Valley Conference 132 lbs bracket.  He beat #7 ranked Nolan Kicmol - Evansville 5-2 in the Quarterfinals, Pinned (3:39) #3 ranked (138 lbs) Sonny Schieldt - Edgerton in Semi's and won by Decision 2-1 over #10 ranked Justin Sangermano - Brodhead Juda in Finals.  Won the MVP award for his performance.
"Dedication leads to accomplishment"

stbird

Now that is impressive!

Quote from: wrestling#1 on February 09, 2015, 09:06:38 AM
Gabe Braam - East Troy was seated 6th in the Rock Valley Conference 132 lbs bracket.  He beat #7 ranked Nolan Kicmol - Evansville 5-2 in the Quarterfinals, Pinned (3:39) #3 ranked (138 lbs) Sonny Schieldt - Edgerton in Semi's and won by Decision 2-1 over #10 ranked Justin Sangermano - Brodhead Juda in Finals.  Won the MVP award for his performance.