Upsets today at conference tournaments?

Started by ankle pick, February 07, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ankle pick

I was at the sec/swal (clash) tourney today, and Hatfield for River Valley beat Rylie Lull from Fennimore in double overtime with a rideout.  It was 1-1 in regulation with an escape each.  Not sure Hatfield would call it an upset, but on paper it probably is.

Any other upsets?

Hungus

Cliver over #1 Adams at the FVA conference tournament
You're killing me Smalls!!!

DarkKnight

Cliver was ranked 5..but I assume he dropped to #12 bc of losing Pulaski's Gille.... and I guess 145 is definitely up for grabs right now in D1, there is about 10 of them that could win it on their day.

DarkKnight

Peplinski losing to Sokolski at the CWC 170 lb final, I am gonna go on a limb and say Alex Peplinski was ill or something. BUt nice accomplishment by Sokolski

wrestle84

Quote from: DarkKnight on February 07, 2015, 07:21:11 PM
Cliver was ranked 5..but I assume he dropped to #12 bc of losing Pulaski's Gille.... and I guess 145 is definitely up for grabs right now in D1, there is about 10 of them that could win it on their day.

Joe Ziolkowski dropped to 145 today. It is now less up for grabs.

maggie

as far as rankings go, Milton's # 8  Bowen Wileman dominating Reedsburg #4 Dalton Hahn 10-1
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Hungus

Quote from: wrestle84 on February 07, 2015, 07:25:49 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on February 07, 2015, 07:21:11 PM

Joe Ziolkowski dropped to 145 today. It is now less up for grabs.

Agreed
You're killing me Smalls!!!

handsandtoes

I would not say an upset but an interesting one. Jared Reon over Luke Nowak 3-1 . Reon Moved up to 170. And (I don't know how they seeded them but Reon was the #4 seed, I think) 

wrestle84

Quote from: handsandtoes on February 07, 2015, 09:44:39 PM
I would not say an upset but an interesting one. Jared Reon over Luke Nowak 3-1 . Reon Moved up to 170. And (I don't know how they seeded them but Reon was the #4 seed, I think) 

Love it when guys look for competition instead of avoiding it.

padre

Quote from: DarkKnight on February 07, 2015, 07:22:45 PM
Peplinski losing to Sokolski at the CWC 170 lb final, I am gonna go on a limb and say Alex Peplinski was ill or something. BUt nice accomplishment by Sokolski

Not ill.  Big throw put him in a big hole.

handsandtoes

wr84 agree 100%. Now a days it seams more kids run away then look for it. Interesting to look over all the conference tournaments yesterday and see all the kids moving around. I will say this, 9 out of 10 times that moving around back fires on them.

petertherooster

195: Jeremy Bowens over #11 Zach Frasetto 6-1 at the FVA conference tournament

oneshot

WVC - 152 lb final - Brock Benitz forfeiting the finals to SPASH's Fritz Schierl. I heard Benitz had the flu and could not wrestle the final. Maybe not an upset but a match I think would have been great to see.

standup

Quote from: oneshot on February 08, 2015, 10:07:04 AM
WVC - 152 lb final - Brock Benitz forfeiting the finals to SPASH's Fritz Schierl. I heard Benitz had the flu and could not wrestle the final. Maybe not an upset but a match I think would have been great to see.
Did the flu develop after the semis?

ElectricGuy

;D  Standup stirring the pot...... as usual......   ;)
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.