Free/Greco State

Started by fryguy518, April 29, 2013, 06:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

Billymurphy,they decided to try something different this year and no not everybody agrees with this change,but we should wait and see how it goes.
you can run but you cannot hide.

billymurphy

From a fan standpoint, I thought that tournament was just fantastic. I know the coaches said that it is a huge undertaking though.

bigoil

Really cool looking through the results, some classes like 120/160/170 really stood out to me.

Looking at all ages, watch out I not only seen one pair of model/spilde coming up but two pairs of them coming up for Stoughton.

The Last Ride

Nice job Gable Frandsen from Ellsworth over Scharenbrock 3-2 , 7-5 in finals 152 Greco.. Would have loved to been there to see that..
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

MHSfan

Its my understanding that the WWF has hand picked a Junior and Cadet team to take to 3 qualifiers for Fargo and that would allow WI to bring more kids to Fargo because any qualifiers would not count against our quota. Great idea my only problem is no one will tell you what the qualifications are to be on these teams or who is on them. I'm just surprised my  kid  who is a former WIAA champ and just won both FS and Greco titles wasn't invited. Oh and the hand picked kids fill most of the mini camp spots too. The camps should be open to all to make everyone better not just the select few.

ramjet

MHS fan go to the WWF site I am sure you are wrong about that. The Fargo participants will be chosen based on One if they are the State champ they have a spot. Any placer at the Northern Plains regional or the one in Indiana will get another spot that placer getting that spot. The there will be a mini camp in June where if needed wrestle offs for the remaining spots. Then the camp in July before Fargo.  So to Fargo Wisconsin can bring 54 Jr for example and add to that any wrestlers that place in top three at plains regional. But the State Champ gets one spot period.

You should also now that the couches were asking in the WWF site for additional wrestlers to go to Iowa next week and Indiana the following week they slots open.

Please contact the State coach before you post things like this.

aarons23

Ram...MHS is correct.  There is a national team that was hand picked by the coaches.  I believe it was done back around August.  Those kids that were picked has separate practice at the camps being provided. They are also going to FILA cadet and several regional tournaments.  There are something like 20 spots extra on the bus tofill it that are first come first serve.  

The problem I see with hand picking teams so early is that you eliminate the possibility of kids wrestling there way on the team.  If you win one or both styles you should have earned a spot on the team for all events.  
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

ramjet

Ok the "dual" team not the Fargo team. He posted Fargo there is a difference.

aarons23

Quote from: ramjet on May 05, 2013, 08:33:57 PM
Ok the "dual" team not the Fargo team. He posted Fargo there is a difference.

There is no dual team...it's Wisconsins National team.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

MHSfan

No ram this replaces the dual team. The teams were hand picked a while ago this team gets the opportunity to go to 3 regionals with coaches. I called Kluever a month and half ago to get my boys on this team and was told there was no room and that the team is not for public knowledge. These regionals are after FS and Greco State. Why not wait till after State to pick these teams. Why not give a different group a chance to qualify at each regional. Why the secrecy.

Ghetto

Quote from: aarons23 on May 05, 2013, 08:29:43 PM
The problem I see with hand picking teams so early is that you eliminate the possibility of kids wrestling there way on the team.  If you win one or both styles you should have earned a spot on the team for all events.  

+1

There could be a dookie storm coming.

Why not put the process out there?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on May 05, 2013, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: aarons23 on May 05, 2013, 08:29:43 PM

+1

There could be a dookie storm coming.

Why not put the process out there?

Hand picking in hoops causes problems, when it can be and likely has been decided on the mat, that makes little sense.

goldeneagle171

^^^^^i think this is a conversation for a different thread...

How about we talk about some great matches ... I haven't been to a Freestyle or Greco meet in years, it was great to get back into it and watch some excellent competition, a nice change of pace from Folkstyle, see some "upsets"... congrats to Colin Dolata on the twin titles, way get some redemption for that injury year... Any other thoughts on this weekend?
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time." -- George Carlin, 1937-2008

fryguy518

Let me start out by giving the WWF an ata-boy for both tournaments this weekend. Well organized with good officiating. I didnt look yet, but i think the numbers were way up this year.  As far as hand picking teams goes, BAD IDEA!  We should want our best team possible to go be on it and not politics deciding this. I wonder whos butt I need to start kissing now so my boys have a chance in a few years. This team should be qualifier only. Jmo

aarons23

In cadets/ juniors numbers were up by 13 in freestyle and 11 in Greco.  I think it helped to move the weekend up like they did as well as I think the poor weather helped in keeping wrestlers involved this long.  What else is there to do with so much rain.

It's very strenuous!