Free/Greco State

Started by fryguy518, April 29, 2013, 06:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fryguy518

With running the Reedsburg tournament and going to the other tournaments this spring ive noticed a problem.  With all the cancellations due to weather this spring kids having to make decisions due to make up games.  I was thinking that extending weighbins or having to make a specified weight would make it easier for the multisport kids. Just an idea as i want to see large #ers this weekend.

padre

Quote from: fryguy518 on April 29, 2013, 06:08:15 AM
With running the Reedsburg tournament and going to the other tournaments this spring ive noticed a problem.  With all the cancellations due to weather this spring kids having to make decisions due to make up games.  I was thinking that extending weighbins or having to make a specified weight would make it easier for the multisport kids. Just an idea as i want to see large #ers this weekend.

We've had big issues with that also....makes high school baseball coaches very unhappy.

gablesgrip1

I to would like to see extended weigh-in times as we are missing some track time as well, not fair to other team mates.

JeffJones

There is a procedure for anyone who can not make weigh-ins Friday night because of school activities or etc.

Please send an email to me jeffjones@wi.rr.com if you can not make weigh-ins

Jeff Jones
WWF State Tournament Director

fryguy518

Thats great that there is a procedure set up for this. I never seen it advertised anywhere.

MFriedman

If you missed the registration can you still register on site on Friday night?

Quack

Why not post what the procedure is? My daughter may have a softball game today if the weather holds off
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Mommabear

Quote from: MFriedman on May 02, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

Yes, you can register at any weigh in site.  Sure hope I'm right.... that's what we'll be doing.   :P

padre

Quote from: Mommabear on May 03, 2013, 08:02:53 AM
Quote from: MFriedman on May 02, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

Yes, you can register at any weigh in site.  Sure hope I'm right.... that's what we'll be doing.   :P

You are correct.  I believe the fee is $4.00 more per style than registering online.

padre

Quote from: JeffJones on May 02, 2013, 12:04:08 PM
There is a procedure for anyone who can not make weigh-ins Friday night because of school activities or etc.

Please send an email to me jeffjones@wi.rr.com if you can not make weigh-ins

Jeff Jones
WWF State Tournament Director

I had called in the past when it was in Rapids and was told there was no other way so for future reference it would be great to know alternatives as many did not know there was any.

J Feiner

I see Sharenbrock won 152 in impressive style!

Also, Liegel won 160.........  I didn't even know he was wrestling, he's been playing baseball for R.V.

Jens Lantz won 126

Collin Dolata won 145.

I wish I would've went to watch, had to be some great matches!!!!!
If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

ramjet

You have no idea. Some of the toughest competitive wrestling we have seen in some time. Every weight class in Jr division tougher than you could think.

billymurphy

Why then are we not sending them to the national duals this year?

ramjet

Quote from: billymurphy on May 04, 2013, 10:55:27 PM
Why then are we not sending them to the national duals this year?

That's a question for the State coaches. Or Jeff Jones.

MHSfan

I'm tired and sore from yesterday. I don't know how these boys do it the second day especially the boys who had big brackets and wrestled 7 or 8 matches yesterday.