MN/WI

Started by MNbadger, January 10, 2017, 09:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Ricky and Jiminez both looked good as well.

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 11, 2017, 07:13:14 PM
Let me get this straight. You are not impressed with Short. Even though he won the CK! Because Ruschell beats Ohio State that's enough reason for him to beat Short! ::) ??? :o :'( I think it is just you!
Call me crazy but Ruschell just beat Short! It was just me. You've been knighted.

jets152

Very impressive win for Ruschell!

The coaches should maybe start telling Crone he's already losing when his matches start  :D
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

jets152

Why was the team point deducted??
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

dad 2 5

Quote from: jets152 on January 15, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
Very impressive win for Ruschell!

The coaches should maybe start telling Crone he's already losing when his matches start  :D

+1

Ty Clark

Quote from: jets152 on January 15, 2017, 02:33:19 PM
Why was the team point deducted??

Barry questioned the ref... quick stalemate when Ruschell's takedown was imminent.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

wrastle63

Disappointing ending Christensen gasses out.

CLC FAN

So... anybody with a bout by bout wrapup or final team score?

wrastle63

184- Ritter wrestled their backup. Looked ok for his first match back, little sluggish on bottom.
197- Ricky hung with Pfarr and kept it to a decision.
HwT- Connor beat Kroells for the third time this year. Hard to beat a good wrestler 3 straight. Wish he would have opened up more though.
125- Johnny lost to Lizak 2-0. Wrestled very well almost had a few takedowns. Also was able to hold his own on the mat.
133- Stickley got caught in a cradle and pinned.
141-martin just can't get going on his feet still don't know if he's back yet from that sickness.
149-crone started slow then piled it on in the third like usual for a major.
157- Ruschell beat the #9 wrestler in Short. Rode him very hard. Called the upset :)
165- Jordan controlled the match but wish he would have been aggressive in 3rd and went for major.
174- Christensen looked good for first two periods and in the third he gassed and got beat.
Lost 18-15 each team won 5 matches came down to bonus points.

Ty Clark

Quote from: CLC FAN on January 15, 2017, 08:48:44 PM
So... anybody with a bout by bout wrapup or final team score?

Right on the front page of their site... or on their Facebook page or Twitter feed. It only appears that the Badgers don't try to promote the team if you ignore everything that they do do to promote the team...

http://www.uwbadgers.com/index.aspx?path=wrestling

I only caught the last four weights on BTN Plus. 149- Crone was down 3-2 and came back to win by major in the last minute with a takedown and two turns. 157- The ref almost gave the match to Short when calling a stalemate on an almost sure takedown for Ruschell. Ruschell came back after short, shooting him off the mat for a second stall call (and the lead with riding time factored in)... Barry lost a point for arguing the stalemate call and Eggum got a warning for arguing the stall call. 165- Isaac dominated the first half of the match before coasting through to the win. Not sure why he put on the brakes. 174- Christensen went out and made the first takedown and two minute ride look easy. Pfarr came up to what usually would've been a stall call, but he turned it into a scramble for one. Christensen looked gassed from that point forward and couldn't get anything else going. 18-15 Minnesota.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

littleguy301

My recap of the really good dual.

Also my son walked out of the dual saying the Badgers have a pretty good team. Hey, might have a fan in waiting!!!!

JJ, wrestled on the mat much better than I thought he would with Lisak
Stickley,,,well McKee went out there with a mission and got it done. Stickley is better than a fall but McKee is a very, very good true freshmon to say the least
Martin, over matched to some degree but hopefully that changes down the road
RC,,,,what can you say. He wrestles for 7 minutes
TJ,,,,nice pressure and just a match up problem for Short because,,,well the name of short ;D
I wish Zeke would have put his foot down more,,,I think a major or more was in the cards for him
74,,,,,toss up match and it came down to who had the most at the end
Ritter looked good at times, alittle rusty but in a month I think this match is a major
RR looked good at times though no rip on RR, I think it is Cox about all then Pharr then the rest of the field. Pharr should talk to his parents about maybe redshirting back in the day ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Medbury,,,,Kroehl came with a plan of attack and wrestled a very smart match. Kroehls is a very good wrestler and a tough out for anyone in the country!

Over all I was very please with the foot defense of the Badgers. I think the having to weigh in twice in 3 days took its toll on the Badger team and the Gophers had a full week to rest was the final straw of this dual. Making weight twice for some is a difficult thing over a weekend.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Oldtimer

Conditioning for the most part seemed to be on MN side.  Was very disappointed in how Zeke wrestled.  1st and 2nd period gave up easy escapes with about 25 seconds left with minimal attempt to ride and no real effort to get a take down at the end.  Match shouldn't have been that close.  Jimenez looked very good.  Most badgers looked really good on top with the rides.  Not so much on the bottom though.  Eli shot in but left his head by his knee... oops.  Crone was impressive in the 3rd.  Martin looked out of his league (conditioning?).  TJ wrestled awesome, nice win.  RC gassed out awful early (conditioning?).  RR looked small for Pfarr but wrestled hard.
Beware of the northern sleeper

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: Oldtimer on January 16, 2017, 12:40:12 PM
Conditioning for the most part seemed to be on MN side.  Was very disappointed in how Zeke wrestled.  1st and 2nd period gave up easy escapes with about 25 seconds left with minimal attempt to ride and no real effort to get a take down at the end.  Match shouldn't have been that close.  Jimenez looked very good.  Most badgers looked really good on top with the rides.  Not so much on the bottom though.  Eli shot in but left his head by his knee... oops.  Crone was impressive in the 3rd.  Martin looked out of his league (conditioning?).  TJ wrestled awesome, nice win.  RC gassed out awful early (conditioning?).  RR looked small for Pfarr but wrestled hard.

Conditioning or Cutting?

Huckfinn

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 16, 2017, 10:52:51 AMMedbury,,,,Kroehl came with a plan of attack and wrestled a very smart match. Kroehls is a very good wrestler and a tough out for anyone in the country!

Kroells is a good wrestler but Medberry is supposed to be a great one.   He shouldn't be satisfied with a dancing bear decision over the likes of Kroells.  Medberry should setup shots from his feet and take them.

Duke's undersized HW, Kasper, is a tazmanian devil who could upset Medberry at the the NCAAs.   Kasper beat Kroells convincingly in the Southern SCuffle.  Medberry is bigger and stronger this year, but he looks less active to me.  I think he needs to not play it safe; he
should push himself to dominate every match, including good wrestlers like Kroells. 

Medberry is not wrestling at the level of last year's Gwiz, and Medberry has the talent of a Gwiz, IMO.

bigoil

Not saying it was this but some opponents in a tournament vs a dual meet may have a different game plan. An opponent trying to win to advance in a tournament may open up (exposing themselves) vs a dual where they may work to keep it close (team wise).

Medberry has been pretty hot all year.