Best record in baseball!!!!

Started by littleguy301, April 14, 2014, 03:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: howavi on April 22, 2014, 10:00:14 PM
How does a 1-1 pitcher duel take over 3 hours? Let's win this one in the 9th

Lots of visits to the mound, runners left on base, TV timeouts, lots of pitches, lots of foul balls, small strike zone. Many different things.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

easytopin

The game last night gives me cause to be afraid.  Its like I think a losing streak is coming.  The way we played was bad.  Braun swinging at bad pitches, Davis and Segura swinging at every pitch. Looked like hero syndrome. Roenicke not playing Overbay last nite against the perfect guy for him and terrible guy for Reynolds made me scratch my head.  I hope Im wrong tho.

littleguy301

I think RR is riding the hot streak of Mark R right now.

I have been a fan of Mark R for some time now and he is about the streakest batter in baseball. He has been putting up some decent numbers so far, not great by any means but being productice with runners on and men out..

I think this Brewer team will be in for a losing streak at some point, they dont field well at times, dont move the runners around and how much can you depend on the bullpen in these extra innings games or any game. Also they rely on the long ball to bail them out.

While I may be down and sound down on the Brewers all those things I just mentioned makes for some fun baseball, keeps you on the edge of your seat ;D

beanertimm

Actually, I am hoping with their pitching, they should be able to avoid any long losing streaks.  They have not been very fundamentally sound in several of their games though.

Ghetto

Lyle Overbay is hitting like .120 and shouldn't be in the lineup at all. I question his being on the roster at all.

I agree that the pitching makes for hopefully shorter losing streaks. There should be a guy in the rotation who can put together a strong start and stop the bleeding.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

easytopin

Overbay is actually hitting .231 which is higher than Reynolds

littleguy301

I feel that Reynolds is a by far more dangerous hitter than Overby. Oberby is more of a slap and judy hitter where Reynold will strike out alot but he is always dangerous because of his long ball hitting.

Remember this guy has put together some high 30's and 40 home run seasons. Though he had a streak of 200 or  more K's in 3 straight years I believe.

bigoil

Great win tonight but why is it that we seem like the only team in baseball that can't drop a bunt, really can't even get close.

DrSnide

Because we keep asking Maldanado to bunt.   :-X

Great win by an undermanned team.  When your 2-3-4 hitter are all unavailable due to injury and you still win by two in extra inning - thats a great bullpen. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigoil

Quote from: DrSnide on April 28, 2014, 11:51:24 PM

Great win by an undermanned team.  When your 2-3-4 hitter are all unavailable due to injury and you still win by two in extra inning - thats a great bullpen. 

Great staff altogether! 

imnofish

Cubs of the North.  I hope they prove me wrong this year, though.  I'd love to see them win it all.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

DrSnide

Quote from: howavi on April 29, 2014, 05:59:50 AM

Great staff altogether! 

I thought maybe they would have to suit up Hank the dog to pinch hit last night.

WOOF WOOF

;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Ghetto

Rarely do we beat the Cardinals. Even less often do we come back and win late. That was a big win, albeit in April, for the Brewers.

Matt Garza said that he loves being in a clubhouse where they feel like they can win every day. That's pretty cool to hear.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Quote from: DrSnide on April 29, 2014, 11:56:44 AM
Quote from: howavi on April 29, 2014, 05:59:50 AM
Because we keep asking Maldanado to bunt.   :-X

Great win by an undermanned team.  When your 2-3-4 hitter are all unavailable due to injury and you still win by two in extra inning - thats a great bullpen.  

Great staff altogether!  
I thought maybe they would have to suit up Hank the dog to pinch hit last night.

WOOF WOOF
;)

Surprised they have not done so already... It would sell more Hank memorabilia... Woof
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"