Really quiet here...

Started by Ghetto, May 02, 2013, 10:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

The Brewers went on an amazing streak of baseball for about three weeks, and not much chatter. Scourge must have forgotten his password or something.

I for one am stunned they are scoring runs. Unexpected greatness from Gomez and Segura have kept them near the top of the pack.

Axford, minus his meltdown recently, had started to get it together. Gorzelany has been great, and Henderson has been very good. The starters have been pretty good as well.

The Brewers stole Segura. He's been amazing at the plate, and squares on the ball a lot. If he's even average in the field, he's a plus guy in WAR.

Gomez is hitting like .500 in the past 18 games. Ridiculous. While I know he ain't gonna do that forever, it has to help his confidence going forward. If he hits .280 that's a great addition offensively.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

I started watching last week and over the weekend and into the week. With this foot of snow we got yestarday and today, baseball went on the back burner again. Just cannt get into baseball when you have a foot of snow outside :'(

I am happy at how the replacements have played and the bottom of the order has hit. While I dont think it will last all year, it has been a shot in the arm and the BRewers will be in a good spot when the horses get back!!!!!!!

Should be a good summer!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mat time

can't disagree with any of the above, what about Bettencourt! I thought ole Melvin cracked his skull when they resigned him. biggest surprise to me.
Gold medals aren

Ghetto

Quote from: mat time on May 03, 2013, 01:53:04 AM
can't disagree with any of the above, what about Bettencourt! I thought ole Melvin cracked his skull when they resigned him. biggest surprise to me.

I should have mentioned him too. His bat has been great. Watching last night I actually expected him to be clutch late with runners on rather than strike out. I think he has 7 HRs? Something like that.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

The Yuni B we are seeing now is not the same guy we saw 2 years ago. They say playing winter ball in Mexico has helped his pitch selection at the plate. I have to think they would keep him over Gonzales if they had to make that choice.