Tornado

Started by bigoil, August 07, 2013, 10:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

NWS going to be investigating whether we had a tornado last night, freedom to maribel going thru pretty much the entire towns of Wrigtstown (village was probably just missed) and Greenleaf.

I think I was on the very far North end of the skirmish. 6 houses down, giant trees down, in a path.  I had an oddity happen that makes me wonder if we weren't in it. I have a solid metal table, estimating 75#, with slots in it (wind wouldn't catch it like a sail). I live on top of a hill and we tend to get more wind than others. This table has been thru straight line winds of 90mph before and never moved. This time, it not only moved, it moved 15', which isn't the big deal. It moved due west, into the storm, ending up in my pool. Similar event with an outside couch that again is probably 40#, it moved west. Next to that, 300# umbrella base, moved South. Heavy duty garbage can went about 200' due East.

Friend from work 3 miles east hit hard by trees, campground to the West was relatively destroyed.

Crazy Mother Nature.

Ghetto

Maybe you could put on a snorkel and have a picnic. How you gonna get the table out the pool?  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Old man strength :). It doesn't way as much in the water, lifted it to the stairs and then teetered it out.

Todd

Glad you and yours were ok.  300# umbrella base??  Wow.
"This page intentionally left blank".

bigG

Scary to think of the wouldas and couldas. Glad you and the fam are happy and healthy.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on August 08, 2013, 08:27:29 AM
Glad you and yours were ok.  300# umbrella base??  Wow.

14' canopy, need a good sand base.

bigG

I'm guessin'!

That's some meat to move.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.