Come and Get It!! Serving breakfast!!

Started by Kjohnson, December 07, 2013, 08:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Now that Saturday tournament time is upon us, who doesn't like to go out for breakfast before a long day in the gym eating concession stand food (this is another post).

Here are the rules
Tell us of a place that is on the way to a tournament – easy on, easy off
Or tell us of a place that is close to the school that is hosting the tournament
And please tells us why you recommend it.
Stay away from chain restaurants – I can go to Perkins & Denny's anytime

Whitnall – Zelinski Tournament
Forum Restaurant, Hwy 100 & Layton
Homemade styled bread, they give you one more egg than you order. I made the mistake of ordering 3 eggs and got 4 (I still cleaned my plate like mom told me to)

I94 & Hwy 89 Truck stop on the north side of 94
Great prices, easy on & off. I guess it's about half way between Waukesha & Johnson Creek. I ordered their country fried steak and eggs and asked for an extra egg. Very good and free coffee with my meal. I think the tab was under $8.

Waukesha South  & West
Both schools are close to Sunset Drive. I recommend the Spot or Sunset Family Restaurant . Sunset can be crowded and The Spot has some different hours. Sunday thru Thursday they close at 3pm.

I didn't want this post to get lost on page 2, too fast. That is why I posted here and not on the main site. Also the culinary site is often overlooked.

Kjohnson

I'm going to The Spot in a few minutes and then heading over to the South JV Invite

littleguy301

I am going to Ellsworth today and I am stopping at the creamery for some curds, fresh ones at 11 a.m.

Take 63 south of I-94 around 20 miles and the Ellsworth creamery is on the North Side of town about a block or 2 just inside the town. It is really in East Ellsworth but that is another story and thread.

That will be my breakfast ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

KJohnson...where is that tuck stop between Johnson creek and waukesha?  if i'm not mistaken the truck stop your talking about is in Lake Mills...that's between Madison and Johnson Creek...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TomM

You should check out "The Pine Cone" at I94/Hwy 26 (Johnson Creek/Watertown/Jefferson exit).... Pretty good...  And across Hwy 26 is Hi-Way Harrys restaurant.  You will be surprised how nice it is in there... and many TV's for sports in one area.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Kjohnson

Quote from: maggie on December 08, 2013, 09:24:46 AM
KJohnson...where is that tuck stop between Johnson creek and waukesha?  if i'm not mistaken the truck stop your talking about is in Lake Mills...that's between Madison and Johnson Creek...

Now that I think of it. It is just a gas station. exit hwy 89. Northside of 94 is the restaurant, southside is a Mac D

Kjohnson

Quote from: TomM on December 08, 2013, 09:33:36 AM
You should check out "The Pine Cone" at I94/Hwy 26 (Johnson Creek/Watertown/Jefferson exit).... Pretty good...  And across Hwy 26 is Hi-Way Harrys restaurant.  You will be surprised how nice it is in there... and many TV's for sports in one area.

Good food at the Pine Cone. I don't like it because it 's small and always packed. If you go at the right time, it is worth it.