Sorry For Your Loss Littleguy......

Started by Troy Grindle, April 21, 2016, 08:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Grindle

Can't help but think about your heartbreak with Prince passing this afternoon.  Make sure you put on your raspberry beret for work tomorrow ;D

Prince was a musical genius.
And then there was that.

bigG

LOL. Good post. He was an amazing musician/song writer. Just a little odd at times. Still, he was a drug-free guy who was one heck of an athlete (hoops); despite his Tom Cruise height.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

If you grew up in the 1980's, regardless of your musical tastes, you probably knew the words to 1999, Purple Rain, or Raspberry Beret. Dude did his own thing and still made money at it.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Troy Grindle

Quote from: bigG on April 22, 2016, 11:10:55 AM
LOL. Good post. He was an amazing musician/song writer. Just a little odd at times. Still, he was a drug-free guy who was one heck of an athlete (hoops); despite his Tom Cruise height.

Then he served us pancakes. ;D
And then there was that.

Handles II

Quote from: Troy Grindle on April 22, 2016, 01:02:36 PM

Nice call!  ;D ;D

littleguy301

Yes it is/was a sad day for the littleguy.

I will admit I was a fan of Prince, self taught guitar player and while strange I thought he was an outstanding preformer.

Check out Prince playing guitar with some of the great honoring George Harrison. While my guitar gently weeps. It is on youtube.

Thanks for the concerns Troy ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

man could play, not only the strings, but any instrument...wasn't much of a fan, but the girls the can around sure did like him..so it was good practice to always keel a little purple rain CD laying around just in case they dropped over... :).....and Keith out lives yet another one...God must be keep him around to see that Pilate always washes his hands after he seals there fates...Unreal
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

I loved that skit. He really was great at hoops in HS...and at makin' pancakes.

I still like the Rick James skit better.  :) Chappelle at his peak.

DrSnide

Or he was in the hopsital with an opiate overdose six days before his death.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

DrSnide

Quote from: bigG on April 25, 2016, 07:11:35 AM

I loved that skit. He really was great at hoops in HS...and at makin' pancakes.

I still like the Rick James skit better.  :) Chappelle at his peak.

Classic.  One of the all time great skits.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

I just remember how he touted being clean. Then again, that was 1988. :) seems like yesterday to me. ;)

Love Chapelle's show; but the rap sucked. I can take some decent rap tunes; but that stuff, for the most part, was weak, IMO.

The Black Klan man was too much.

imnofish

Some sources are claiming that he needed hip replacements, but was avoiding it by using pain killers.  If that's true, it could account for the rumored drug overdose.  I was not a fan of Prince, but I have to admire his musical abilities and generosity. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

He was a true stud, musically. Original, gifted musician. Never stayed in the same mold.

Still, I lost track of him years ago.