The Rifleman

Started by TomM, February 29, 2016, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Grindle

If you guys want to watch something with family values that deals with issues and watch something that isn't in black and white watch Roseanne.  That was a really good show that dealt with a lot of issues and was funny.
And then there was that.

bigG

I just can't stand that cow's voice. But it did deal with real family conflicts.

All these silly channels and I watch Andy, Bonanza, Impossible Engineering, How It's Made and the Lone ranger.

I like that steel forging show, too. I think my goal might be to build my own forge, now. I always saw my old-school trade as maybe blacksmithin'.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MarkK

We have a complete blacksmith shop set up at our rustic camp.  It was brought here in pieces from an old shop in California up in some northern town.  I guess we will have two blacksmiths working it this summer for a couple of weeks.  I can't wait.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

bigG

Too cool. Is that by Waupaca?

I would just like to make my own knives and the like. In HS I made a few from old files. But to forge and pound out my own would be a great day.

Any of those rustic deals, and I just stand there watching the blacksmith.

TomM

Rifleman was and is still the best. No comparison. 8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Andy, baby.

"The people of Mayberry don't have a better friend than Andy Taylor." -Fife

TomM

bigG

I miss All in the Family. Brought out many sides of American life.

Way.

TomM

All in the Family was good, but it was no Rifleman!

I loved Archies solution to stop plane hijacking.

bigoil

Quote from: MarkK on May 24, 2016, 11:26:40 PM
We have a complete blacksmith shop set up at our rustic camp.  It was brought here in pieces from an old shop in California up in some northern town.  I guess we will have two blacksmiths working it this summer for a couple of weeks.  I can't wait.

Heritage Hill State Park also has a blacksmith, make parts for the operation, etc. Green Bay, WI

MarkK

Yes we have it in Waupaca near Spencer Lake
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: bigoil on May 27, 2016, 07:40:01 AM
Quote from: MarkK on May 24, 2016, 11:26:40 PM
We have a complete blacksmith shop set up at our rustic camp.  It was brought here in pieces from an old shop in California up in some northern town.  I guess we will have two blacksmiths working it this summer for a couple of weeks.  I can't wait.

Heritage Hill State Park also has a blacksmith, make parts for the operation, etc. Green Bay, WI

Decades ago, I worked in a forge.  We had an onsite blacksmith who did nothing but build the tongs and other tools we needed to handle the hot steel and adjust machinery during production.  When he retired, I bid on the position, but got beat out by someone with more seniority.  Looked like a cool job, with requirements to take metallurgy classes, etc.  
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on May 26, 2016, 08:31:15 AM
Andy, baby.

I agree!  Gotta admit that I really like The Rifleman, but Andy's show was in a class all its own.  I still like to watch them both, though.  Both sure beat the heck out of today's "reality" television offerings. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on May 27, 2016, 12:08:01 PM
Andy, baby.

I agree!  Gotta admit that I really like The Rifleman, but Andy's show was in a class all its own.  I still like to watch them both, though.  Both sure beat the heck out of today's "reality" television offerings. 

No way...
Lucas and Micah keepin' the peace...

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on May 27, 2016, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: imnofish on May 27, 2016, 12:08:01 PM
Andy, baby.

No way...
Lucas and Micah keepin' the peace...

Micah is better than Barnie, but only because he gets more than one bullet.   ;D