Cornell Univ. at UW Sunday, February 20

Started by TomM, January 17, 2022, 05:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

For those similarly tech challenged, here are the dual results I culled from that page. 19-16 Wisconsin over Cornell

133   Kyle Burwick (Wisconsin) over Dominic LaJoie (Cornell) (Dec 6-4) 3   0
141   Joseph Zargo (Wisconsin) over James Wilson (Cornell) (MD 21-9) 4   0
149   Yianni Diakomihalis (Cornell) over Austin Gomez (Wisconsin) (Dec 12-6) 0   3
157   Hunter Richard (Cornell) over Garrett Model (Wisconsin) (Dec 10-6) 0   3
165   Dean Hamiti (Wisconsin) over Julian Ramirez (Cornell) (Fall 3:16)   6   0
174   Andrew McNally (Wisconsin) over Andrew Berreyesa (Cornell) (Dec 7-2) 3   0
184   Jonathan Loew (Cornell) over Christopher Weiler (Wisconsin) (Dec 9-4)   0   3
197   Jacob Cardenas (Cornell) over Braxton Amos (Wisconsin) (SV-1 3-1)   0   3
285   Trent Hillger (Wisconsin) over Lewis Fernandes (Cornell) (Dec 6-2) 3   0
125   Vito Arujau (Cornell) over Eric Barnett (Wisconsin) (MD 13-3) 0   4
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

1Iota

Quote from: npope on February 20, 2022, 04:15:33 PM
Quote from: 1Iota on February 20, 2022, 04:10:50 PM
Quote from: npope on February 20, 2022, 03:54:21 PM
Quote from: 1Iota on February 20, 2022, 01:05:15 PM
Quote from: TomM on February 20, 2022, 01:00:59 PM
I missed the first matches (before Gomez).
Did they start at 125?
What were those results?
I am unable to find the dual scoring on trackwrestling. Is it on there?

Yes, go to season and click on teams.  Click on Wisconsin and you will find the link to the dual.  They have the dashboard working as well

I am at Trackwrestling scouring the menu links across the top of the page and there is no "Season" option. Do you need some special account to have that option visible?

On the front page you click browse.  One of the options is "seasons".  Click seasons and one of the options is college mens.  Click that and on of the options is NCAA.  Click that and it will bring up the front page of the NCAA mens activity.  Not all duals are always listed here.  So on top one of the options is "teams". Click that and find UNiversity of Wisconsin.  Click that and it will list all of Wisconsins duals.

Thank you for holding my hand 1Iota  :)

Sitting  at a lot of HS tournaments with a lot of downtime leads to  exploring TW more than one  would probably should.   

TomM

Select Matches: Cornell at Wisconsin | Big Ten Wrestling | Feb. 20, 2022 - YouTube

https://youtu.be/BXiAqi2c-mc
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

mkm13

Hamiti is elite at dominating and overwelming good and really good college wrestlers with a great top game amd scrambling ability.  Extremely fun to watch.  He has given up some takedowns, but then quickly dominated where it didnt matter.

Against rhe top guys like Marinelli, he will have to find ways to create action and scrambling situations, while avoid some of the takedowns.  Each of the top guys (Marinelli, Wick, and OToole) provide very different challenges, it will be fun to see how it shakes out.

Zargo continues to perform better than expected. Great to see.

Amos has had a lot of close loses to good wrestlers.  He has struggled with takedowns a lot more than i would have expected considering his greco and freestyle success.  Hopefully he figures that out over the next month and can surprise at NCAAs.