Cornell Univ. at UW Sunday, February 20

Started by TomM, January 17, 2022, 05:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Hamiti is so quick and technical! When he tightens up he is like a boa constrictor

TomM

I missed the first matches (before Gomez).
Did they start at 125?
What were those results?
I am unable to find the dual scoring on trackwrestling. Is it on there?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

dad 2 5

dad 2 5

Quote from: TomM on February 20, 2022, 01:00:59 PM
Did they start at 125?
What were those results?

started at 133
Burwick 6-4
Zargo 21-9
Gomez 6-12
Model 10-6 (was 7-6 and Model and let him go for the TD and could not get it)
Hamiti pin
McNally win

1Iota

Did they start at 125?
What were those results?

Yes, go to season and click on teams.  Click on Wisconsin and you will find the link to the dual.  They have the dashboard working as well

TomM

TomM

onwisconsin

I have immense faith in Amos and the staff.  Still my opinion, but I could be wrong that wrestling junior worlds at about 213 pounds and the season move to 197 is too much.   He just doesn't appears to have the energy nor explosiveness he showed last spring and summer in both greco and freestyle.  He tried to aggressively score early and often in both styles. 

In my mind I would love to see him redshirt next season and get to his ideal weight.  I totally understand why they tried 197 this year.  Kudos to Braxton for the discipline of this cut.

1Iota

Quote from: onwisconsin on February 20, 2022, 01:31:14 PM
I have immense faith in Amos and the staff.  Still my opinion, but I could be wrong that wrestling junior worlds at about 213 pounds and the season move to 197 is too much.   He just doesn't appears to have the energy nor explosiveness he showed last spring and summer in both greco and freestyle.  He tried to aggressively score early and often in both styles. 

In my mind I would love to see him redshirt next season and get to his ideal weight.  I totally understand why they tried 197 this year.  Kudos to Braxton for the discipline of this cut.

I 100% agree with this.  He looked so good this summer that at times it's hard to believe this is the same guy.   To sure what else it could be. 

onwisconsin

Arujau looks 6 inches taller/longer than Eric.

dad 2 5

what just happened! I flipped on the Badger basketball game and watched the last couple of minutes and a fight broke out in the hand shake line?

Back to the real sport, can see there is some work to be done for the B!G tourney and NCAA but have to feel pretty good about things. And what a dual season for Bucky!

dad 2 5

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 18, 2022, 05:49:37 PM
this seems like it will be a great dual but I think the Badgers are in for a tough day. first look I thought 18-13 Badger but today I dig in a little morning and I only came up with 12-21. Hoping the Badger come to wrestle and a big senior day!

Really glad I had that wrong on my second review of the match. THey say you should never change your first answer :)
Good 19-16 win Badgers

npope

Quote from: 1Iota on February 20, 2022, 01:05:15 PM
Did they start at 125?
What were those results?

Yes, go to season and click on teams.  Click on Wisconsin and you will find the link to the dual.  They have the dashboard working as well

I am at Trackwrestling scouring the menu links across the top of the page and there is no "Season" option. Do you need some special account to have that option visible?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

1Iota

Quote from: npope on February 20, 2022, 03:54:21 PM
Did they start at 125?
What were those results?

I am at Trackwrestling scouring the menu links across the top of the page and there is no "Season" option. Do you need some special account to have that option visible?

On the front page you click browse.  One of the options is "seasons".  Click seasons and one of the options is college mens.  Click that and on of the options is NCAA.  Click that and it will bring up the front page of the NCAA mens activity.  Not all duals are always listed here.  So on top one of the options is "teams". Click that and find UNiversity of Wisconsin.  Click that and it will list all of Wisconsins duals. 

npope

Quote from: 1Iota on February 20, 2022, 04:10:50 PM
Quote from: npope on February 20, 2022, 03:54:21 PM
Did they start at 125?
What were those results?

On the front page you click browse.  One of the options is "seasons".  Click seasons and one of the options is college mens.  Click that and on of the options is NCAA.  Click that and it will bring up the front page of the NCAA mens activity.  Not all duals are always listed here.  So on top one of the options is "teams". Click that and find UNiversity of Wisconsin.  Click that and it will list all of Wisconsins duals.

Thank you for holding my hand 1Iota  :)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope