Illinois at UW Friday, February 11

Started by TomM, January 15, 2022, 02:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Quote from: Manty77 on February 11, 2022, 09:29:31 PM
I just re-watched he Zargo/Duncan match. Duncan rode Zargo out for the entire second period, but was only given 1:43 riding time.  Without that scoring error Duncan  would've won the match in regulation.

But, it's nice to see an error go in our favor :-)
Not necessarily. They screwed up somewhere (the challenge). The clock had :38 on the clock and rt was 1:05.

Zargo could have easily secured another TD in the 3rd if the RT was different (or he could have rose him longer. Duncan was gassed. Poeta said he was told  he couldn't ask for the time to be changed but I also heard referrence to rt was paused because stalling was called on Duncan but I have never heard of rt being paused.

dad 2 5

Quote from: onwisconsin on February 11, 2022, 08:03:50 PM
Most aggressive I have seen McNally all season.   Bummer he got caught.

the lack of being able to uses the hand seemed to hurt him. Hope he can heal up by the Big Ten

dad 2 5

team looked good overall. some very good wins but we are talking IL who is 1-6 in the Big Ten so have to be careful getting to excited about it. This next two are going to really show where the Badgers are. I will be interested if all the starters wrestle for both of them/

vsmf2010

Quote from: bigoil on February 11, 2022, 11:17:38 PM
I just re-watched he Zargo/Duncan match. Duncan rode Zargo out for the entire second period, but was only given 1:43 riding time.  Without that scoring error Duncan  would've won the match in regulation.

Not necessarily. They screwed up somewhere (the challenge). The clock had :38 on the clock and rt was 1:05.

Zargo could have easily secured another TD in the 3rd if the RT was different (or he could have rose him longer. Duncan was gassed. Poeta said he was told  he couldn't ask for the time to be changed but I also heard referrence to rt was paused because stalling was called on Duncan but I have never heard of rt being paused.

I was talking to my son about that on the way home. I believe on a delayed stall call on the top wrestler (where the official does not stop the match because the bottom wrestler is progressing toward an escape or reversal) the riding time is paused. I would have to do some digging but I believe that is a rule and I believe the signal is the official holding the wrist band of the offending wrestler.

bigoil

Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 12, 2022, 11:05:26 AM

I was talking to my son about that on the way home. I believe on a delayed stall call on the top wrestler (where the official does not stop the match because the bottom wrestler is progressing toward an escape or reversal) the riding time is paused. I would have to do some digging but I believe that is a rule and I believe the signal is the official holding the wrist band of the offending wrestler.
Thanks for the rule...Illini wrestlers didn't seem to know that.

Manty77

Quote from: bigoil on February 12, 2022, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 12, 2022, 11:05:26 AM

Thanks for the rule...Illini wrestlers didn't seem to know that.

Wow, learn something new everyday.

TomM

Feb. 11, 2022 - #9 Wisconsin 32, Illinois 10 (Madison, Wis.
133: Lucas Byrd (ILL) over Kyle Burwick (WIS) (MD 16-5) 0-4
141: Joseph Zargo (WIS) over Dylan Duncan (ILL) (SV-1 8-6) 3-4
149: Austin Gomez (WIS) over Christian Kanzler (ILL) (Fall 0:42) 9-4
157: Garrett Model (WIS) over Joseph Roberts (ILL) (Dec 5-1) 12-4
165: Dean Hamiti (WIS) over Dan Braunagel (ILL) (MD 11-1) 16-4
174: DJ Shannon (ILL) over Andrew McNally (WIS) (Fall 4:55) 16-10
184: Chris Weiler (WIS) over Zach Braunagel (ILL) (Dec 8-2) 19-10
197: Braxton Amos (WIS) over Matt Wroblewski (ILL) (MD 10-0) 23-10
285: Trent Hillger (WIS) over Luke Luffman (ILL) (MD 10-2) 27-10
125: Eric Barnett (WIS) over Dane Durlacher (ILL) (Fall 3:31) 33-10
*Unsportsmanlike Conduct against Wisconsin -1 - FINAL SCORE 32-10
Individual rankings Intermat Feb. 8, 2022; Team rankings NWCA Feb. 8, 2022
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

After the countless hours that the Illinois coaching staff spent at the head table, you'd think they'd have lost a team point.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dad 2 5

Quote from: Ghetto on February 16, 2022, 08:02:17 AM
After the countless hours that the Illinois coaching staff spent at the head table, you'd think they'd have lost a team point.

The crowd was calling for it

MakingABadgerer

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 12, 2022, 09:25:31 AM
team looked good overall. some very good wins but we are talking IL who is 1-6 in the Big Ten so have to be careful getting to excited about it. This next two are going to really show where the Badgers are. I will be interested if all the starters wrestle for both of them/

The next two were dual wins against teams who have caused problems for top 10 programs. Neither dual was ever in doubt. Very good regular season for a very young team. 

dad 2 5

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on February 21, 2022, 07:10:13 AM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 12, 2022, 09:25:31 AM

The next two were dual wins against teams who have caused problems for top 10 programs. Neither dual was ever in doubt. Very good regular season for a very young team.

Agree! The Badgers looked really good this weekend. Obviously some things to work on but they have to feel good go into the Big Ten. Hope Bono can get the guys some good seeding and a good amount of allotments