New Greco rules are written up and out for approval

Started by blastdouble, March 25, 2013, 11:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blastdouble

From themat.com board.

This will make Greco so much better!!! Aggregate scoring is so much better.

2-3 minute periods with aggregate scoring
10 points is a tech
pushout 1
takedown 2
feet to back 4
high amplitude throw 5
passivity is back
all turns are now 2. no hand to hand 1's. lift to back exposure is still 3 or 5
if it is tied at the break, they go to par terre. in par terre, you START with the lock on top (reverse or gut), then the bottom guy bases out, then the ref blows the whistle.  No forced chest to chest starts anymore. Also, there is passivity, and if it is 0-0 at break, someone gets a full on lock.

wis_grapler_08

I completely agree this is better than the format now.  couldnt find it on the website though.  too much otherstuff going on to sift through.
if someone could post a link, that would be awsome

wrestling for fun

I believe on another site these were submitted as "suggestions" from the US and not official.

Greco

I am not seeing any added benefit with passivity when the push out rule is already in place and "fleeing the hold" is already an option for the official if a wrestlers is refusing to engage.

If you let the bottom guy defend the lock before the whistle then we aren't going to see as many nice reverse gut throws as now. A lot harder to pick the guy up from flat than par terre. This increases the bottom's chances of not getting scored on. We just went a whole period of no scoring and now we're proposing increasing the chances of still no score. Doesn't sound like the right move if you want to make Greco more exciting.

ramjet

They will always find a way to defend this.

What's Wisconsin Wrestling Federation response to this?

I just hope we leave things alone as this gets very confusing because the rules are tough enough to interpret from one tournament to another in Wisconsin.

ramjet

Its not the rules I have an issue with it is if they will be consistently enforced or applied.