The Professor passed away

Started by Kjohnson, January 17, 2014, 07:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Russell Johnson, 89

'Gilligan's Island' actor

Died: Thursday, at his home in Washington state, of natural causes, according to his agent Mike Eisenstadt.

Background: Johnson was a busy but little-known character actor when he was cast in "Gilligan's Island," the slapstick 1960s comedy about seven people marooned on an uncharted Pacific island. His character, high school science teacher Roy Hinkley, built generators and other gadgets out of scraps of junk found on the island. Johnson later joked that the one thing the Professor never figured out how to do was to fix the leaky boat so the group could get back to civilization. Johnson also appeared in episodes of "The Tw ilight Zone," "Outer Limits," "Gunsmoke" and "Dallas."

Handles II

My third favorite character on the show. The two others were female (and non millionares).

Handles II

Note that I said "were" as in past tense.  :-X

If the professor was 89, how old is ginger now? Pushing 80? Looks like she, as do too many female celebrities went to the face doctor for the "carp lips" procedure.

imnofish

Quote from: Handles II on January 17, 2014, 11:19:59 AM
Note that I said "were" as in past tense.  :-X

If the professor was 89, how old is ginger now? Pushing 80? Looks like she, as do too many female celebrities went to the face doctor for the "carp lips" procedure.

Ewww!  Trying to look much younger than you actually are, is NOT aging gracefully.  That's why I refuse to join Hair Club for Men. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

The age old question needs to be asked in all due respect of the professors passing,,,,,,,

Ginger or Mary Ann?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Kjohnson

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 17, 2014, 11:50:53 PM
The age old question needs to be asked in all due respect of the professors passing,,,,,,,

Ginger or Mary Ann?

I knew this thread could not stay on topic ;D

A short fling: Ginger
Long term: Mary Ann

You would be proud to have mom meet a girl like Mary Ann

Let the debate begin!

imnofish

Quote from: Kjohnson on January 18, 2014, 04:42:11 AM

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Let the debate begin!

You are right.  Ginger would make a good sugar mama.   ;)   Mary Ann is a keeper, though.  8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: Kjohnson on January 18, 2014, 04:42:11 AM

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Let the debate begin!

Sorry to get off thread but man,,,,,,,,,,,you have do ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

By the way, Mary Ann without a shadow of a doubt!!!!!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Ginger was a man.

Mary Ann all the way.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.