Iowa

Started by wrastle63, November 25, 2019, 08:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

In the lineups posted Christensen is listed ahead of Watkins. Not sure if that means anything, but would be surprising at this point. If true, pretty tough matchup to start out your career.

onwisconsin

I was also surprised to see Christiansen.   I guess we will find out soon.

MNbadger

This to me is a shock.  I assumed Gross would crush Desanto since he used to be so tough on top.
Quote from: Luke Louison on December 01, 2019, 07:15:55 PM
Zero urgency out of Gross. None.

Basically giving his legs up. Then, at the end of the 2nd, it looks like he doesn't even want to escape.

No explanation for what I'm seeing.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Handles II

Worked! ☹️ Gross looked mentally broke with 40 seconds left in the 2nd. Ugh. 

PAUL

Iowa wrestles both tough and smart. 

PAUL

Numbers

I think the Hawkeyes lead the battle from the feet 11-0 at intermission.

At this point I think the over/under for Badger takedowns tonight is 2. :o

jets152

Didn't think a game Model would be the highlight of the meet at this point...
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

Harris

Quote from: Luke Louison on December 01, 2019, 08:19:21 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on December 01, 2019, 08:11:46 PM
Very interesting that Wick took bottom. Marinelli has ridden Wick out several times over their first four matches. This time though, both after the takedown and to start the 3rd, Wick got out easily.

I think we're wrestling for 2 OT at this point.

If Wick is going to get out from the bottom, it means a single takedown and ride out could change that dynamic entirely. But, Wick didn't get anywhere near a takedown tonight.

Pretty much sums up the whole night for most of the Badger team.  If they could just get a takedown....... 

Iowa is really good this year.

PAUL

Ready for some Hilger action - they really could use this win and he seems to always come up big

jets152

I would've had a chance in WISAA.

BuckyMatt

Midlands, Big 10s and NCAAs will all provide opportunities for our guys to avenge their loses. I like many of their odds in rematches.

Dale Einerson

Great commentary throughout.  Was extremely disappointed to be blacked out by BTN...makes no sense to me.

I guess we need to come away from this appreciating that there were some pleasant surprises, there are some expectations for a different and better result in future matches; perhaps most of all, we went into this excited to see Bucky compete with a very game Iowa team.

wrestlemania

Looking at the individual match scores, you can game out a scenario where the Badgers win 18-17 if they win all the close matches. So that is progress.

But there's a reason why all those matches went to Iowa. We're simply not ready yet to compete at the level that Iowa is already at which they showed tonight. They know how to win these close matches. That's why Gross going down to defeat really hurt big time. In dual like this, one of your top guys goes down, a guy you're counting on to get points, and it doesn't happen and really sets the tone and strategy for the rest of the meet.

Iowa is at the top now. Hopefully we can get better so we're right there with them come March.

wrastle63

Obviously a disappointing result. There were 6 matches that if we finish a takedown, etc we could have won. So 7/10 matches were highly competitive. Just have to finish those matches. We seemed to settle for keeping it close in the first and second period and try and win right at the end. Lots of time for improvement though.