Eli video

Started by Handles II, December 03, 2019, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handles II

Anyone else stay on BTN and watch the documentary about Eli? Very well done, very professional and tasteful.
I'll admit however, that I was a bit disgruntled that NOBODY from the Badgers was interviewed about Eli and the type of person/teammate he was.  Yes, I know it was a UI production, but still...
In some ways it seemed like a iowa/marinelli/brands hype production. Certainly that could be my own bias showing through.

dman

I too watched the video and thought it was well done and in good taste, but funny, I never once had it cross my mind why they didn't interview someone from WI since the video was about Alex's relationship with the Stickly's.

Handles II

Yeah, of course I get that. Twin sister and all. But as far as who he was as a teammate, and most certainly some badgers (whole team?) were wrestling to honor him, etc it would have been nice to hear a little from the people in that realm.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Eli wrestled for the Badgers for 3 years.
He was teammates with many of the current Badger starters on the team - Mikey Cullen, Cole Martin, Garrett Model, Evan Wick, and Trent Hillger. He competed against Tristan Moran in a couple if matches when Tristan was at Oklahoma State.
Numerous teammates and past starters were close to Eli.
He mentioned he chose Wisconsin primarily because of his Uncle Jim Jordan, a 2-Time National Champion for the Badgers.
He was coached in high school by 2-time Wisconsin All-American Jeff Jordan at St. Paris Graham High School.
Badger All-Americans Ben Jordan and Ryan Taylor went to St. Paris Graham High School
Wisconsin Athletic Director Barry Alvarez presented the Stickley family with Eli Stickley Impact Scholarship Award
Zander Wick helped present the Eli Stickley bELIeve Award at the Buckinghams. (Presented to Two Student-Athletes That Exemplify Similar Characteristics to Eli Stickley's Legacy, Including Being Disciplined, Loving, Loyal, Passionate, and an Uplifting, Selfless Leader) D'cota Dixon - Football, Amy Davis - Women's Cross Country. Eli Stickley's parents were part of the award ceremony.

Eli was a great person and an awesome Badger. All Badger fans miss him. The Wisconsin Badger Wrestling team all honors him with their greatness and success on the mat and in their personal life. So yes, he had many great Wisconsin connections, along with his family connections to Iowa and the rest of the wrestling community.

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

npope

A very nice video - on all counts.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope