First round

Started by wrastle63, March 16, 2017, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Crone fell behind.. and made a comeback !
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

DocWrestling

My problem is not with losing but lose with some passion, effort, and maybe even score some points in the loss.  If you are not taking chances as a huge underdog then when do you?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

imwi

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 16, 2017, 12:03:23 PM
Quote from: imwi on March 16, 2017, 11:57:53 AM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 16, 2017, 11:49:49 AM
Martin coming up on Mat 4,  The riddle that is Gullibon is dominating in first match.  Penn St needs him

Gulibon has to be the most inconsistent guy I've ever seen, he did horrible at the Big Tens and just got a major against #13

He teched Gasca who took 2nd at Big Tens 18-3 and gave him those 3 points

Must've missed the end.  He got pinned twice (at least) in the Big Tens

DocWrestling

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 16, 2017, 11:45:57 AM
Every match is on WatchESPN.  If you go to trackwrestling and watch the Dashboard, all you have to do is click on the video camera on the match and it will take you right to the live video of that mat/match

It is also on ESPNU TV right now but can only watch the match they show.  TV schedule covers almost the entire tournament and internet does cover every match.

All for FREE!

Also all matches available for free on phone app  watchespn

wrastle63

Real close to the takedown at the end there. Just sloppy on his feet in the second.

DocWrestling

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 16, 2017, 12:30:38 PM
Ruschell loses 5-3

Ruschell gave it and I can take that loss.  He had some chances and got one break when he actually got called for stalling.  College wrestling needs to do something about that last 30 seconds.  You can just allow the guy to hang on to the leg to initiate no action and essentially a stalemate

DocWrestling

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 16, 2017, 12:31:19 PM
Real close to the takedown at the end there. Just sloppy on his feet in the second.

Can't give up a takedown that easily that quick especially after taking a chance and being rewarded with that takedown right at the end of the 1st period

DocWrestling

Great first match for Jordan. 

jchap

An someone explain to me how Jordan got called twice for stalling?  He had a bar arm and a chicken wing and was working for the turn.  Bottom man had his head down on the mat.

wrastle63

Jordan looked good and pretty aggressive. Was hoping for the pin in the first thoguh haha

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Seems like they are calling stalling quickly at NCAA's

Jordan had 5:22 Riding Time
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

imwi

Quote from: jchap on March 16, 2017, 01:01:25 PM
An someone explain to me how Jordan got called twice for stalling?  He had a bar arm and a chicken wing and was working for the turn.  Bottom man had his head down on the mat.

Apparently the referee didn't think he was "working" hard enough but agree with the other poster that said they sure to seem to be calling it quick today

wrastle63

That Lujan that Christensen is going to be the real deal for a freshman he is tough!

jchap

Quote from: imwi on March 16, 2017, 01:21:56 PM

Apparently the referee didn't think he was "working" hard enough but agree with the other poster that said they sure to seem to be calling it quick today
But then it was frustrating to see Boyd figure four Ritter's leg and ride parallel and no stall call.

DocWrestling

Quote from: imwi on March 16, 2017, 01:21:56 PM

Apparently you can throw the legs in and cross body ride all day but cannot hold a bar arm/chicken wing very long without turning him.  To me it looked like he had opportunities to turn him but was not all that interested and had aggression but playing it safe which is smart at this point when you are the favorite