NWCA Duals

Started by wrastle63, February 13, 2017, 12:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

Lehigh is really stomping Rutgers.  Man, they are good team.

What a pity that Iowa didn't wrestle Lehigh, or NC State.   

Tom Brands is permanently off my Christmas card list.

imwi

Quote from: Ghetto on February 13, 2017, 02:58:28 PM
Quote from: fightfightfight on February 13, 2017, 02:17:48 PM
Thanks for the info about Livestream. Definitely going to watch that one. It's too bad BTN doesn't allow us to watch Penn St./Ok. St. but instead have to have the FloPro subscription. I might have to fork up the money for that one. You want to talk about growing the sport? One simple idea is to have more than just the national tournament on ESPN.

The $150 for a year of Flowrestling is worth it all day long.

No Ice Cream for Ghetto.  Flowrestling is down today for the biggest dual of the year

Huckfinn

Quote from: imwi on February 19, 2017, 04:43:13 PMNo Ice Cream for Ghetto.  Flowrestling is down today for the biggest dual of the year

Although this is their most dramatic flub up, FLO is regularly a tire fire technically.   If FLO did a decent job of making archived content organized and accessible, I wouldn't care about live streaming problems.

This incident points to fact that the duals tournament has to be taken seriously, which will lead to coverage of an 8 or 16 team tournament that ESPN can put on TV.     It can happen.   But you can't have a garbage structure and expect anybody to care.

Huckfinn

the whole OKS - PS match is on youtube in high def.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t88C06m4XU

ya, baby

Huckfinn

OK State put up the video, but they removed it now.    Must be a rights issue.  Sorry folks.

imwi

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 19, 2017, 09:51:33 PM
OK State put up the video, but they removed it now.    Must be a rights issue.  Sorry folks.

A rights issue from Flowrestling that couldn't pull off the broadcast?  Surely not broadening their subscription base with these shenanigans

Huckfinn

Quote from: imwi on February 19, 2017, 10:00:04 PM
Quote from: Huckfinn on February 19, 2017, 09:51:33 PM

A rights issue from Flowrestling that couldn't pull off the broadcast?  Surely not broadening their subscription base with these shenanigans

Well,  OK State put up a beautiful, high res video with commentary from the local radio broadcast.

I believe FLO forced them to take it down because customers will see a comparison with the garbage production that FLO regularly serves up. 

leg turk

bigG

Wish I could have seen it so I could dis/agree.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

Quote from: bigG on February 20, 2017, 03:54:15 PM
Wish I could have seen it so I could dis/agree.
It happened twice, but here is one of them.

Ghetto

Quote from: imwi on February 19, 2017, 04:43:13 PM
Thanks for the info about Livestream. Definitely going to watch that one. It's too bad BTN doesn't allow us to watch Penn St./Ok. St. but instead have to have the FloPro subscription. I might have to fork up the money for that one. You want to talk about growing the sport? One simple idea is to have more than just the national tournament on ESPN.

No Ice Cream for Ghetto.  Flowrestling is down today for the biggest dual of the year

Wait, whaattt??????

I am super ticked at Flo. They pumped this up to the highest degree possible and then completely jacked it up. So disappointed. Putting it on Facebook Live or on Periscope was bush league way of working around it. Any scrub with a phone could have done that.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

And Flo making OSU take it down was the wrong play. They messed it up. They should have taken their lumps and left the dual on YouTube.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imwi

Quote from: Ghetto on February 20, 2017, 08:05:55 PM
Quote from: imwi on February 19, 2017, 04:43:13 PM

Wait, whaattt??????

I am super ticked at Flo. They pumped this up to the highest degree possible and then completely jacked it up. So disappointed. Putting it on Facebook Live or on Periscope was bush league way of working around it. Any scrub with a phone could have done that.

I won't use the word scrub but some former Olympian with wild hair that we all know had a link to watch it from his PC from some link he had, I appreciated the effort but was too hard to watch.  Listened to the PSU audio broadcast and then watched the matches later. 

Still no ice cream, Huck said it's crap, you said it's great....let's just say I'm glad I only opted for the month to month versus the $150.

Huckfinn

Quote from: leg turk on February 20, 2017, 06:08:19 PMIt happened twice, but here is one of them.

No doubt in my mind he was flat on both.  The second he was flat for 2 seconds.

Defensive pins (guess they call them "non-control pins" too) regularly go uncalled.  Refs don't want to call them because they seem unfair and upsetting.   But I think it will improve wrestling if they start enforcing the rule.     1)  We got way too many tedious leg passes.  Leg passes are all-too effective defenses against guys taking shots.   I'd rather take some of the leg pass defense away and reward aggression.   Guys constantly pin themselves when they are rolling around trying to force a stalemate.    2)  4 point cheap tilts have gotten very common and awfully cheap.    The top guy is allowed to lay flat on his back while he is maneuvering his prey.   Makes it too easy.  Those cheap tilters need to worry more about pinning themselves.