I

Started by Kjohnson, April 20, 2013, 12:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

I was just walking "in" St. Louis last week and just a 6 block walk...3 blocks from hotel and back it cost me $6.00 in beggars fees(2 separate guys/$3.00 each)....it would be an expensive walk putting on all those miles if you are a sucker for a hard luck story like myself "in" St. Louis. ;)

Kjohnson

Quote from: padre on July 04, 2013, 05:06:31 AM
I was just walking "in" St. Louis last week and just a 6 block walk...3 blocks from hotel and back it cost me $6.00 in beggars fees(2 separate guys/$3.00 each)....it would be an expensive walk putting on all those miles if you are a sucker for a hard luck story like myself "in" St. Louis. ;)

Do you think they took that money and went and bought food?

padre

Quote from: Kjohnson on July 04, 2013, 07:28:38 AM
Quote from: padre on July 04, 2013, 05:06:31 AM

Do you think they took that money and went and bought food?

LOL...of course that is what they said they were going to do but know that was probably not the outcome. ::)

mike

Quote from: Goat Roper on July 05, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
When my wife and I  were in Hawaii one guy had a sign that said "No reason lying, I want beer".  Most people gave him a bottle and no cash.

Ive seen this strategy used on the Vegas strip as well

Kjohnson

I am 31 miles from my goal of walking 350 miles. I have averaged 3.6 miles a day. I should be at 350 miles in 10 days or so. The funny part is when I get to 350 miles I will be heading to my Family Reunion and spending the weekend with my St Louis brothers.

My plan now is to

littleguy301

Awesome job KJohnson,,,,,keep up the good work!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on July 05, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
When my wife and I  were in Hawaii one guy had a sign that said "No reason lying, I want beer".  Most people gave him a bottle and no cash.

I have to give that guy some credit. At least he was honest and up front about his goals!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

Quote from: Kjohnson on July 14, 2013, 05:08:45 PM
I am 31 miles from my goal of walking 350 miles. I have averaged 3.6 miles a day. I should be at 350 miles in 10 days or so. The funny part is when I get to 350 miles I will be heading to my Family Reunion and spending the weekend with my St Louis brothers.

My plan now is to
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Kjohnson

Quote from: TomM on July 15, 2013, 09:08:12 AM

My plan now is to

TomM

Quote from: Kjohnson on July 15, 2013, 09:35:24 AM
Quote from: TomM on July 15, 2013, 09:08:12 AM

My plan now is to

Kjohnson

TomM

Kjohnson

Day 1 of my walk back from "STL" walked 5 miles. Bought a new pair of shoes, my old ones are rubbing on my heel and it doesn't feel good.

TomM

one mile... (starting slow...  8)

Kjohnson

Quote from: TomM on July 29, 2013, 08:24:36 PM
one mile... (starting slow...  8)

;) Good Job, keep going everyday and try not to miss 2 days in a row