Started by TomM, January 22, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Ali has a long history of being great to people that way.  One of my past students has a picture of himself as a baby, being held by Mr. Ali.  His family was living overseas at the time, due to his parents' work.  Muhammad somehow heard about them and surprised them with a knock on their door.  His father (who became our superintendent) told me the story and showed me the picture.  Pretty cool...   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

People used to complain about his fighting style like many snivel about wrestlers in MMA being too boring. Dude just kept scoring points and waiting out the his chances. Like a good wrestler, always in good position; and when he wasn't in good position, it was a sucker bet. Reel you in to smack you up more. My dad boxed, so I always got to hear why Ali was so impressive. When he was in the Olympics, he was a point scoring machine. Just couldn't get a decent shot at him. One of the greatest athletes in our history.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.