Packers' free agents: Who stays, who goes?

Started by TomM, January 27, 2016, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

What about tight end Bennett.....would he have been worth a fourth round pick

Houndhead

Quote from: easytopin on March 20, 2016, 11:25:10 PM
What about tight end Bennett.....would he have been worth a fourth round pick

I don't think there was any chance of the Bears trading him to a division rival for a 4.

Ghetto

I think he is/was. He's not as fast as Finley was, but he's big and athletic. I'm guessing Thompson didn't think so, and it's not the end of the world. I'm sure they'll pick a guy and have to pay him much less than Bennett is getting. After looking at the prospects though, there isn't much coming out this year. The only one worth drafting IMO is this guy:

David Morgan, TE, UTSA
Height: 6-4. Weight: 262. Arm: 33.63. Hand: 10.5.
40 Time: 5.02.
Projected Round (2015): 5-7.
3/5/16: Morgan ran slow in the 40-yard dash with an unofficial time of 5.02 seconds, but he did really well in the field drills. Morgan showed his strength as a drive blocker, and he ran some nice routes with good hands catches. Morgan opened some eyes to get consideration as a blocking Y tight end on the third day of the 2016 NFL Draft. In 2015, he had 45 receptions for 566 yards and five touchdowns for Texas-San Antonio.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Quote from: Houndhead on March 21, 2016, 12:19:21 PM
I don't think there was any chance of the Bears trading him to a division rival for a 4.

Agreed.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on March 21, 2016, 12:20:07 PM
I think he is/was. He's not as fast as Finley was, but he's big and athletic. I'm guessing Thompson didn't think so, and it's not the end of the world. I'm sure they'll pick a guy and have to pay him much less than Bennett is getting. After looking at the prospects though, there isn't much coming out this year. The only one worth drafting IMO is this guy:

David Morgan, TE, UTSA
Height: 6-4. Weight: 262. Arm: 33.63. Hand: 10.5.
40 Time: 5.02.
Projected Round (2015): 5-7.
3/5/16: Morgan ran slow in the 40-yard dash with an unofficial time of 5.02 seconds, but he did really well in the field drills. Morgan showed his strength as a drive blocker, and he ran some nice routes with good hands catches. Morgan opened some eyes to get consideration as a blocking Y tight end on the third day of the 2016 NFL Draft. In 2015, he had 45 receptions for 566 yards and five touchdowns for Texas-San Antonio.

Thanks for the tidbit. Didn't know about him. Might be the answer. Ted puts stock in coaching. I like that philosophy, so long as he hires coachable players. There were times our inexperience showed in spots. But, this young fellah might be worth investment if he practices well and shows growth as a pro. 262 is a lot of meat. How's he jump, I wonder?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.