Business Name Suggestions

Started by jaguarwrestler, October 27, 2013, 07:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguarwrestler

by the way

anyone know someone that sells barn boards in the Madison area, I find them on craigslist but always looking for a good supply

I hope to have an etsy shop open in January... lot of stuff to do before that. Want to have all my ducks in a row.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

DrSnide

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on October 27, 2013, 11:55:34 AM
by the way

anyone know someone that sells barn boards in the Madison area, I find them on craigslist but always looking for a good supply

I hope to have an etsy shop open in January... lot of stuff to do before that. Want to have all my ducks in a row.

Keep us updated.  I know a few folks with cottages that are alway looking to add quality etsy stuff.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

maggie

let me ask around...good ones only... ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

jaguarwrestler

I kind of have it narrowed down to

Wisconsin Relics

Badger Relics  

relic -
" a survivor or remnant left after decay, disintegration, or disappearance "
"a surviving memorial of something past"
"an object having interest by reason of its age or its association with the past"

since items will be made from antique reclaimed wood from falling down barns, the word relic seems fitting

there is a company called Wisconsin Relic LLC that prints t-shirts... I like the way Wisconsin Relics sounds but is almost exactly like the t-shirt place so not sure I would be crossing a line

have reserved www.WeatheredRelics.com also like that one.

ramjet

"Relic" has certain negative connotation , "what old relic".

bigoil

I like it, I'd advise not to limit yourself, ie barn tables. Sounds like you aren't, just advice.

Don't worry about the same name, but do your homework. Example, we have a brand name Gain, proctor has that as a detergent. Names are licensed and trademarked in categories.

I know someone who built their house from old barn planks and bricks, in Calgary. All of it came from WI.

MarkK

I like relic too jags, kinda like the Constitution.   A survivor after decay.  That's what I'm countin on.  Just bustin your chops.  I hope you do well.   I was in a shop the other day that used old barn boards for art.  Nice.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

My brother put an electric insert into an old stone fireplace; then built a barn board surround for it.  It looks really nice, since it ties in with the vertical barn boards that panel the surrounding wall.  He found the boards on Craig's list (Chippewa Falls area).  Personally, I'd drop the Wisconsin reference and go with a simple name that identifies your products, such as "Barn Board Creations."  If you market online, people will be searching for "barn boards" rather than a Wisconsin or Badger reference. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

The Wisconsin thing has me thinking. Our state is somewhat synonymous with barns. People I know from Texas, Nebraska, Arizona, etc. come through and remark how nice it is to see all of our barns.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jaguarwrestler

ram,

I understand relic is not good, especially if I am talking about my wife or trying to sell me car

in the World of reclaimed decorative art it seems ok

I am leaning towards Weathered Relics... my wife likes it too

I am not worried about people finding me on Google, I need them to find me on the site I have my products on, they have millions of products so keywords are very important to hit your target audience ..... you basically tag your items and give them a proper title, the business name has little to do with it

names like Barn Board ______ fill in the blank are pretty much all used up.

I appreciate the help and insight, I want to start small and see how it goes, I have been doing wood working for about 20 years, most everything so far has been given away to family.... but I see what these people are getting from this stuff and figured I better give it a try. I guess someone in NY would gladly pay $200 for something you would have trouble getting $80 for around here...

aarons23

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on October 28, 2013, 07:12:00 AM
ram,

I understand relic is not good, especially if I am talking about my wife or trying to sell me car

in the World of reclaimed decorative art it seems ok

I am leaning towards Weathered Relics... my wife likes it too

I am not worried about people finding me on Google, I need them to find me on the site I have my products on, they have millions of products so keywords are very important to hit your target audience ..... you basically tag your items and give them a proper title, the business name has little to do with it

names like Barn Board ______ fill in the blank are pretty much all used up.

I appreciate the help and insight, I want to start small and see how it goes, I have been doing wood working for about 20 years, most everything so far has been given away to family.... but I see what these people are getting from this stuff and figured I better give it a try. I guess someone in NY would gladly pay $200 for something you would have trouble getting $80 for around here...

If they find you on google, they will find you on your site.  Most of your customers will not know your site...but if they can find it by googling it you will be ahead on your competition....one is tied to the other.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

ramjet

Jags they do huge craft fair sponsored by the Lions clubs up here they have allot vendors this year is done already however i will PM you the information 100-200 vendors the town is packed full of gals buying crazy crafts and such the vendors do very well.

Not my type of deal but good luck with it if you enjoy it turning it into a job may be the wrong route though as many time turning FUN hobbies into work makes it work not fun hobby anymore.

Heck it is good enough maybe Arron and the rest of these guys will invest then you can become a CEO fatcat and rake in the cash........................................... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on October 28, 2013, 08:46:57 AM
Jags they do huge craft fair sponsored by the Lions clubs up here they have allot vendors this year is done already however i will PM you the information 100-200 vendors the town is packed full of gals buying crazy crafts and such the vendors do very well.

Not my type of deal but good luck with it if you enjoy it turning it into a job may be the wrong route though as many time turning FUN hobbies into work makes it work not fun hobby anymore.

Heck it is good enough maybe Arron and the rest of these guys will invest then you can become a CEO fatcat and rake in the cash........................................... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good idea!  Hayward Musky Festival is another great opportunity in the Northwoods.