What if......

Started by Dunn County, March 23, 2015, 04:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Alex Dieringer was a Badger, he would....

Be even more successful.
2 (5%)
Be exactly the same.
10 (25%)
Be less successful.
28 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: March 26, 2015, 04:23:01 PM

Dunn County

Whether right or wrong, the results of this poll will tell the faith people on this forum have in the UW program.

nutters55

failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

Ghetto

If he was at Wisconsin he would be at 174. I still think he wins at that weight.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DocWrestling

My thoughts are that he would certainly win a national title but may not have been ready to win it last year so would not have a chance at 3 titles and maybe less dominant.

As much as coaches are needed as technicians and work out partners, etc I truly feel some coaches bring out that animal in wrestlers with that mentality to be aggressive and pound on your opponent in every match.  To make that opponent fear you and never back off!  Some coaches have that psychological edge for motivation to do more than just win.  I feel like that is what has been missing from many of the Badger All-Americans to get up higher on that podium.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

mkm13

To be fair, none of UWs wrestlers were ranked in the top 20 pound for pound coming out of high school other than Thielke. I think Jordan, Medberry, Taylor, Robertson, and Christensen all ranked in the 20-50 range.

I think Dieringer would have had similar success at UW if he came here.

wrestling for fun

It has everything to do about training partners.
Wisconsin can not match the likes of Coleman Scott, Esposito, Caldwell, perry, marstellar, Koo's, Blees, Rogers brothers, Kindig, Crutchmer...even Johnny Hendrcks . 

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrestling for fun on March 23, 2015, 06:07:01 PM
It has everything to do about training partners.
Wisconsin can not match the likes of Coleman Scott, Esposito, Caldwell, perry, marstellar, Koo's, Blees, Rogers brothers, Kindig, Crutchmer...even Johnny Hendrcks . 

Yes, exactly.

OK State is one of a handful of elite programs that can maximize the development a wrestler like Dieringer.   Kyle Dake went to Cornell.    David Taylor went to Penn State.

Quote from: Dunn County
Whether right or wrong, the results of this poll will tell the faith people on this forum have in the UW program.

WI has to be at level of OK State in order for people to have faith in program?

aarons23

It's not even close....the only place AD is as successful as he is is right where he is.....OK State....John Smith and Eric Guerero...... 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imnofish

Agreed.  He wouldn't have the practice partners to elevate him to where he is now...  and where he's headed.  Nothing against our guys; our roster just isn't deep enough to push him, IMO.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!