Great addition to the coaching staff

Started by padre, April 09, 2018, 12:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Sounds like a great addition to the staff. Hopefully he is hungry for an opportunity like this after only being part of HWC.

mkm13

I know Iowa fans are biased, but they all seem to think this is a great hire.  We all know about his wrestling accomplishments, but some seem to think he has a great personality for recruiting as well.

Hopefully him being here will be a big draw for light weight recruits.  We could use a boost in talent in that area.

stbird

This is awesome!  McDonough was always one of my favorite Iowa wrestlers.  He was a beast in all positions! 

leg turk

I love the hire!  Welcome to Madison Mr McDonough!

imwi

Quote from: stbird on April 09, 2018, 07:27:06 AM
This is awesome!  McDonough was always one of my favorite Iowa wrestlers.  He was a beast in all positions!  

I don't usually hear those two phrases together...."my favorite" and "Iowa wrestler"  :)

boowrestle

you can run but you cannot hide.

bkraus

I hear Spencer Lee is coming with him as McDonough was a big influence on him!   ;D  Just playing!
Strive for Perfection

dad 2 5

Now will it be Trevor for the big guys, 97/hwy?

wrastle63

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 09, 2018, 11:35:42 AM
Now will it be Trevor for the big guys, 97/hwy?
Sounds like no. Doubt he goes from head assistant to volunteer assistant.

The Legend

He has options!  Might just see him stay on with the BRTC. Would hate to see him with a hated rival.

mkm13

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/20009?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The video posted is really good. Excited about both assistants. Should be great to have them work with the guys in the room.

I can see why Bono was able to create so much excitement at SDSU.  He is good at promoting the sport and his program.  I think he will be good for Wisconsin wrestling at all levels.

fightfightfight

Quote from: grappler6 on April 09, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
Quote from: The Legend on April 09, 2018, 12:58:56 PM
He has options!  Might just see him stay on with the BRTC. Would hate to see him with a hated rival.

Which hated rival......

Minnesota