2016 - 2017 Roster

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, June 20, 2016, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handles II

True. Taylor is done. Hip replacement needed via the rumor mill. Shame. Stickley is projected replacement.

mkm13

Injuries were the only thing holding Taylor back the last couple years.  Very unfortunate if true.  I am sure Barry will somehow get blamed for this.

If Taylor is done, I don't think it makes sense to burn the redshirt of the Wick's, even if they are better.  Without Taylor, we don't have the potential as a team to make it worth it.  I think Stickley can be solid at 133, but there will still be a big drop from a healthy Taylor.

We need more production from Robertson, Christensen, Ruschell, Jimenez, and Crone/Lubeck this year.  I think they all have the potential to be above average big 10 wrestlers.

npope

Quote from: Handles II on June 23, 2016, 10:16:54 AM
Stickley is projected replacement.

So, Stickley would be ahead of Lantz on the depth chart?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ghetto

This thread ruined my day. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. 😞
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ivan Stankowski

True. Taylor is done. Hip replacement needed via the rumor mill. Shame. Stickley is projected replacement.

If this is true, I feel for this young man, hip replacement in his mid 20's, I hope everything works out well for him, Good Luck!!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Updated Projection:
125 Jimenez / McClelland
133 Lantz / Stickley / Cullen 
141 Grahek / Rowh / Martin
149 Crone / Lubeck / Donar / Z. Wick
157 Ruschell / Scharenbrock / Schmid / E. Wick
165 Jordan / Quintanilla / Cathery / Covaciu
174 Robertson / Liegel
184 Christensen / Stilling
197 Peissig / Ritter / Reinhardt / Chadd
285 Medbery / Stone / Wetter

Should be a heck of a battle at 133 for the varsity spot. I presume Cullen goes 133 to challenge.

Ryan Taylor's contribution's to the team were outstanding. Loved his confidence and toughness. He became a Badger All-American and always wrestled hard. He was fun to watch. Good luck in the future Ryan, or as many called you, RT !

Does anyone know if there are any other freshman coming in this year?
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

I see Robertson going 184,. He was not right last year at 174.

3wrestle

Quote from: npope on June 23, 2016, 11:11:11 AM
Stickley is projected replacement.

So, Stickley would be ahead of Lantz on the depth chart?

Lantz to 125

npope

Quote from: 3wrestle on June 23, 2016, 04:17:09 PM

Lantz to 125

Given that Lantz has yet to be JJ in any kind of style, why would he kill himself with the weight cut to challenge JJ? Lantz has actually wrestled up at 141 a couple of times - I don't ever see him going down to 125.

Are you just making that up or did you hear that from a credible source?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

what about this lineup:
125  JJ
133  JL
141  ES or Martin
149  AC
157  RL
165  IJ
174  RC
184  RR
197  Ritter
Hwy CM

Seems like there could be some success with the guys individually and as a team. Also would have some depth and allow red shirts to stay in place

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: 3wrestle on June 23, 2016, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: npope on June 23, 2016, 05:03:56 PM
Quote from: 3wrestle on June 23, 2016, 04:17:09 PM

Lantz to 125

Given that Lantz has yet to be JJ in any kind of style, why would he kill himself with the weight cut to challenge JJ? Lantz has actually wrestled up at 141 a couple of times - I don't ever see him going down to 125.

Are you just making that up or did you hear that from a credible source?

he just wrestled 57 kg at universities and it's credible....

Making weight once is not the same as making it a whole wrestling season, I am sure we all realize that.

Harris

Ryan Taylor will be missed greatly by the team if the rumor is true.  He was always one of my favorites to watch with his aggressive style and attitude.

Barou

If true, very unfortunate.  Taylor appeared to carry himself with a lot of compassion for the sport so I imagine he took this pretty hard.  I enjoyed his aggressive and attacking style.  If this is indeed the end, I'm glad he made AA as a sophomore and has the life long honor of calling himself and All-American.  Best of luck in your future RT.
JHI Mafia

mkm13

If nothing else moving Lantz to 125 will create additional competition for Jimenez.  That can only help them to improve.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

If Lantz moves to 125, does that possibly mean Jimenez is moving to 133?
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf