Saturdays wrestle offs

Started by Hyde, October 19, 2015, 06:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

One of the things Barry said on the video that is on facebook is that they are trying to get a match for nearly everybody, whether it is a true varsity wrestle-off or not.  Hopefully when all the matchups are released, the whole picture will make more sense - but I would echo the frustration being voiced with how this is being conducted this year.

stbird

leg turk

So far we have...

125... Jimenez vs McClelland

141....  Grahek vs Rowh

141....  Cole Martin vs Eli Stickley

149....  Lubeck vs Crone

157....  Cathery vs Ruschell

157...  Sharenbrock vs Donar

174....  Reinhardt vs Robertson

Did I miss any?

stbird

Maybe they are  saving announcement of the Taylor Lanz match for the big finale! 

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stbird on October 22, 2015, 03:35:28 PM
Maybe they are  saving announcement of the Taylor Lanz match for the big finale! 

so Lantz will not be at 141? Taylor has 2 years left... I would say unbelievable, but this is a team run by Barry Davis
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

ankle pick

What about Liegel, is he in the mix anywhere?  Last I heard , he was around the 174 weight, which is tough if Robertson is there, and Zeke at 165.

lizard king

In my experience, which means nothing, these wrestle offs are really not much of a wrestle off.  They are really a chance for the guys to get out on the mat, a chance for the fans to see some early wrestling, coaches can see some things they are wondering about, and so on.  It is more a media event, not wrestle offs.  Realistically, the coaches will wrestle who they want, and who they feel gives them the best chance for national qualifiers, this wrestling means little.  If they really can not tell who is the best, put them both in some open tournaments and see what happens.

vsmf2010

Quote from: lizard king on October 22, 2015, 04:05:02 PM
In my experience, which means nothing, these wrestle offs are really not much of a wrestle off.  They are really a chance for the guys to get out on the mat, a chance for the fans to see some early wrestling, coaches can see some things they are wondering about, and so on.  It is more a media event, not wrestle offs.  Realistically, the coaches will wrestle who they want, and who they feel gives them the best chance for national qualifiers, this wrestling means little.  If they really can not tell who is the best, put them both in some open tournaments and see what happens.
Lizard,

That was a lucid, intelligent, and well thought out post and there is really no place for it on this forum. Please only emotional, unrealistic, reactionary, combative, and volatile posts.

leg turk

184....  Christensen vs Stilling

littleguy301

Quote from: leg turk on October 22, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
Quote from: stbird on October 22, 2015, 10:23:55 AM
Is Jens Lanz are only guy at 133?

Taylor

no it is only Lantz at this time is my prediction

Quote from: stbird on October 22, 2015, 03:35:28 PM

doubt that it will be the last one.

it will be Lantz for the beginning of the season but taylor for the big ten and the grind of the season is my prediction. Taylor at the mid-lands is my prediction also
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mkm13

Are you suggesting Taylor is injured right now? 

littleguy301

Quote from: mkm13 on October 22, 2015, 09:06:26 PM
Are you suggesting Taylor is injured right now? 

just have prediction ;)

littleguy301

I think 49 could be the wrestle off for the spot.

41 I believe could be settled in this round of wrestle offs

57 could be for the spot

84 settled in this wrestle off

I believe that 97 will be for the spot

is there a HWT challange outside Brock?

I would think
25 is JJ
33 lantz for the time being
41 who ever wins
49 who ever wins
57 who ever wins
65 duh
74 robertson
84 who ever wins the spot
97 who ever wins the spot
HWT Brock? I would say by default

so potentally these wrestle offs could determine some spots but one will never know with barry running the show.

littleguy301

once again, I am just predicting in my strange world of the littleguy. please dont look to far into it but if I am right boy please dont burst my bubble ;D

badgerjohn

Quote from: littleguy301 on October 22, 2015, 09:17:26 PM
I think 49 could be the wrestle off for the spot.

41 I believe could be settled in this round of wrestle offs

57 could be for the spot

84 settled in this wrestle off

I believe that 97 will be for the spot

is there a HWT challange outside Brock?

I would think
25 is JJ
33 lantz for the time being
41 who ever wins
49 who ever wins
57 who ever wins
65 duh
74 robertson
84 who ever wins the spot
97 who ever wins the spot
HWT Brock? I would say by default

so potentally these wrestle offs could determine some spots but one will never know with barry running the show.

2 comments,  first Taylor had off season bionics repaired, not ready / cleared yet, so it looks like the spot is Jens.   Second I think the plan is to take everybody to the Michigan State open and continue the process of deciding starters.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11