Big ten individual predictions

Started by Wrestling fan, February 13, 2015, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 22, 2015, 05:05:07 PM
Quote from: woody53 on February 22, 2015, 01:39:13 PM
Oh, and by the way Brands. You lost.

God Bless Missouri.     Not much fanfare for the champs - where was the confetti?  The presentation of the trophy!   The championship caps?   The speech to the booing Iowa crowd?

I want to see that duals tournament pumped up in status.     A team is ten guys.    To me, Missouri are real champions.
Can not question this. Mizzu, Dual Champs!
\
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

imwi

Quote from: woody53 on February 22, 2015, 01:57:59 PM
Quote from: hammen on February 22, 2015, 01:54:08 PM
Still pretty pissed at how wrong they got the call at 125. Gillian should've been DQ'd. I can't think of any situation where that isn't a flagrant misconduct call. Any high school match and that is appropriately called a DQ not question. Why are we holding our youth to a higher standard?
Kind of set the tone for the whole meet. Do not understand it myself, the calls were very confusing from a spectators point. Still do not understand the 1 and 1.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.  We always say we need to make things easier for the casual fan to understand but here we are in the national duals, I didn't have a clue and neither did Woody.  Apparently they called 1 for the "slam" and then got Mizzou for unsportsmanlike when he got up while pushing down on  Gillian's head.... which I thought was an Iowa move??? 

woody53

Quote from: imwi on February 22, 2015, 05:29:10 PM
Still pretty pissed at how wrong they got the call at 125. Gillian should've been DQ'd. I can't think of any situation where that isn't a flagrant misconduct call. Any high school match and that is appropriately called a DQ not question. Why are we holding our youth to a higher standard?
Kind of set the tone for the whole meet. Do not understand it myself, the calls were very confusing from a spectators point. Still do not understand the 1 and 1.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.  We always say we need to make things easier for the casual fan to understand but here we are in the national duals, I didn't have a clue and neither did Woody.  Apparently they called 1 for the "slam" and then got Mizzou for unsportsmanlike when he got up while pushing down on  Gillian's head.... which I thought was an Iowa move??? 
Well you saw the same as me.

npope

Iowa does that ALL the time and always gets away with it - refs just won't call the Hawkeyes on that crap. One time a guy does it to them and the refs jump right away in the first match to call it. Sorry refs, but that's pretty weak.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

just watched the 125 match, I would have to say DQ was something I think should have been highly considered.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

imwi

Quote from: npope on February 22, 2015, 06:14:09 PM

Iowa does that ALL the time and always gets away with it - refs just won't call the Hawkeyes on that crap. One time a guy does it to them and the refs jump right away in the first match to call it. Sorry refs, but that's pretty weak.

Which is exactly why none of us could figure out what Mizzou got dinged for....

hammen

It honestly looked like he called Waters for the slam and then Gilman for the misconduct after that the refs had to break up. Regardless it was called wrong. Should've been 2 points for Waters at the least, but I still stand by flagrant/DQ and Iowa is searching for a new 125 for B1Gs. I could see it being called that way against any other program in any other venue. Iowa gets special treatment in Carver.

woody53

Quote from: hammen on February 22, 2015, 08:34:59 PM
It honestly looked like he called Waters for the slam and then Gilman for the misconduct after that the refs had to break up. Regardless it was called wrong. Should've been 2 points for Waters at the least, but I still stand by flagrant/DQ and Iowa is searching for a new 125 for B1Gs. I could see it being called that way against any other program in any other venue. Iowa gets special treatment in Carver.
Really can not argue that. I felt the same way.

imwi

Quote from: hammen on February 22, 2015, 08:34:59 PM

I would argue they get special treatment everywhere.  Were at the Kohl Center last year for the BiGs?  Brands should get dinged just about every meet I have seen them at.  You may be right on the call, I remain confused.  Agree on the flagrant.

jaguarwrestler

If an Iowa DE picked up a Mizz QB and slammed him he would be DQ'd

this was an illegal move done intentionally

this was a slam done intentionally

this was trying to injure the other wrestler intentionally

how is it not a DQ?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

badgerjohn

Quote from: TomM on February 22, 2015, 08:57:17 AM
First let me say, I appreciate there is some live wrestling on the internet and TV. I am moderately experienced with the internet.  I even use ChromeCast.. (ha)
(Warning: Whining mode engaged.)
It is probably just ME, but does anyone else find navigating the Big Ten Network and BTN2GO somewhat (read: extremely) confusing and difficult?
Is my 'logic' messed up or not compatible with these programs? ..... It must just be me.
-finding the event itself... These places have to use huge banners for each 'network' (See Xfinity .. my brother loans me his connection) so you scroll and scroll and scroll DOWN, then scroll, scroll RIGHT.. and hope to stop at the correct spot without sliding by it...... It must just be me.
-discern between a wrestling contest and a basketball game... They post the school names large and the sport name tiny and light colored.. so look closely...... It must just be me.
-Scores are not shown, unless you click the 'show scores' button... WHERE IS THAT BUTTON?  I have seen it and used it, but must have come across it by accident... I see no 'control' panel..... It must just be me.
-Getting the event to engage/turn on.  Log in, click.. wait... click again.. wait... get notice to identify provider... more clicking, waiting... Do they use a dial up modem or what over there? ..... It must just be me.
-When there is a network break the Auto Insurance sponsor page comes up.  No sound, no movement.  It does not return to the/ event.  I have to keep clicking on it to get the live event back up... and the sound is 'off' when the video does come back up.  Anyone else experience this? ..... It must just be me.
-The 'focus' seems to go in and out.  Sharp focus, then foggy... Maybe it's my internet connection? ..... It must just be me.
-They have an icon, that if you click it, gives you four screens.  How do you get more than one dual meet up on that screen then? No clue here. ..... It must just be me.
-Then there is 'that sound'.. that droning gym sound... drives me crazy... get microphones with the foam on them to dull that. ..... It must just be me.
-Announcers... Aside from a couple of them, there is an obvious disconnect between the sport of wrestling and a majority of the individuals they have at the microphone. And I'm being nice. ..... It must just be me.
-It appears to me, on BTN2Go they use the trackwrestling interface for the score/time etc.  It now has Riding Time, team score and other good items, such as how points were scored... .  GREAT STUFF... But for the regular Big Ten Network they are using what I would call the 'basketball game' interface.  Just that individual match score and time of match. No RT, no team score. RT is often extremely critical to not only the outcome, but the strategy of the match. How many people would watch a basketball game if they couldn't know the team score? ..... It must just be me.
-Start Time.  If you like watching paint dry, you will love waiting for the BTN2Go broadcast to appear.  In my experience so far, the actual broadcast rarely starts on time. They start when the actual wrestling starts. That can be from one minute to 10 minutes after the scheduled start time.  So I check other things while waiting and waiting and waiting... heck, why not some announcer (ok, I will call them that, to be nice) small talk as lead in?  Seems odd... is it really that difficult? ..... It must just be me.
-Must have been a basketball game on before the Semi Dual started, so they did not show the 125 upset of the Cornell kid. ? Even the Packers stand around waiting for commercials to end.  Tell me they can't hold the dual until the broadcast is a go?  Put some entertainment out there in the arena.  Have Dan Gable tell some jokes or something... or a story... Let Shane Sparks recap the previous action to the entire place and TV audience. People love that stuff... ..... It must just be me.
(Whining mode OFF)
Have a nice day!  Enjoy the Finals... (if you can find them)

I know I'm easily confused, but are you bragging or complaining?   ;)
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Manty77

Quote from: TomM on February 22, 2015, 08:57:17 AM
First let me say, I appreciate there is some live wrestling on the internet and TV. I am moderately experienced with the internet.  I even use ChromeCast.. (ha)
(Warning: Whining mode engaged.)
It is probably just ME, but does anyone else find navigating the Big Ten Network and BTN2GO somewhat (read: extremely) confusing and difficult?
Is my 'logic' messed up or not compatible with these programs? ..... It must just be me.
-finding the event itself... These places have to use huge banners for each 'network' (See Xfinity .. my brother loans me his connection) so you scroll and scroll and scroll DOWN, then scroll, scroll RIGHT.. and hope to stop at the correct spot without sliding by it...... It must just be me.
-discern between a wrestling contest and a basketball game... They post the school names large and the sport name tiny and light colored.. so look closely...... It must just be me.
-Scores are not shown, unless you click the 'show scores' button... WHERE IS THAT BUTTON?  I have seen it and used it, but must have come across it by accident... I see no 'control' panel..... It must just be me.
-Getting the event to engage/turn on.  Log in, click.. wait... click again.. wait... get notice to identify provider... more clicking, waiting... Do they use a dial up modem or what over there? ..... It must just be me.
-When there is a network break the Auto Insurance sponsor page comes up.  No sound, no movement.  It does not return to the/ event.  I have to keep clicking on it to get the live event back up... and the sound is 'off' when the video does come back up.  Anyone else experience this? ..... It must just be me.
-The 'focus' seems to go in and out.  Sharp focus, then foggy... Maybe it's my internet connection? ..... It must just be me.
-They have an icon, that if you click it, gives you four screens.  How do you get more than one dual meet up on that screen then? No clue here. ..... It must just be me.
-Then there is 'that sound'.. that droning gym sound... drives me crazy... get microphones with the foam on them to dull that. ..... It must just be me.
-Announcers... Aside from a couple of them, there is an obvious disconnect between the sport of wrestling and a majority of the individuals they have at the microphone. And I'm being nice. ..... It must just be me.
-It appears to me, on BTN2Go they use the trackwrestling interface for the score/time etc.  It now has Riding Time, team score and other good items, such as how points were scored... .  GREAT STUFF... But for the regular Big Ten Network they are using what I would call the 'basketball game' interface.  Just that individual match score and time of match. No RT, no team score. RT is often extremely critical to not only the outcome, but the strategy of the match. How many people would watch a basketball game if they couldn't know the team score? ..... It must just be me.
-Start Time.  If you like watching paint dry, you will love waiting for the BTN2Go broadcast to appear.  In my experience so far, the actual broadcast rarely starts on time. They start when the actual wrestling starts. That can be from one minute to 10 minutes after the scheduled start time.  So I check other things while waiting and waiting and waiting... heck, why not some announcer (ok, I will call them that, to be nice) small talk as lead in?  Seems odd... is it really that difficult? ..... It must just be me.
-Must have been a basketball game on before the Semi Dual started, so they did not show the 125 upset of the Cornell kid. ? Even the Packers stand around waiting for commercials to end.  Tell me they can't hold the dual until the broadcast is a go?  Put some entertainment out there in the arena.  Have Dan Gable tell some jokes or something... or a story... Let Shane Sparks recap the previous action to the entire place and TV audience. People love that stuff... ..... It must just be me.
(Whining mode OFF)
Have a nice day!  Enjoy the Finals... (if you can find them)
Tom, you must be doing something wrong.  Seriously. 

When I go to the btn2go site I click on 'games and events' and then 'wrestling'.  At that point all the currently scheduled wrestling broadcasts are listed.  Click on the one you want and that then launches a new tab within your browser for that event. That's it. 

If you want to launch multiple broadcasts just go to the tab that lists the currently scheduled broadcasts, and click on another one.  That one, too, will be launched in a new tab.  You can then go from tab to tab if you want to keep alternating the broadcasts you're watching.    Good luck.