Next year!!!!!!!!

Started by littleguy301, March 09, 2016, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Well it is never to early to be thinking about next year.

Ellsworth will be stronger next year than this past year. Boy isnt that something to look forward to :P

Amery will be hit hard by graduation. The cabinet isnt empty with some really good individuals coming back.They have some really good middle school aged wrestlers but still a couple years away from making an impact in high school, those good kids are manily 5th, 6th and 7th grade with a couple solid 8th graders.

New Richmond same deal will lose some really good wrestlers but do have some youth and lost a couple of kids to injury plus they may have a new coach from what I hear. Is that true or some made up stuff?

Osceola has quite a few returning from this years team and looks to have a nice run of pretty good kids in the upper weights to do some damage. Honestly I felt they had the best (or most ready for high school) middle school team. Lots of tough 8th graders. They just need some lighter weight help and they will be in the mix for second in the middle border.

Prescott, not really sure what they have but they seem to turn out some good individuals and have a couple of middle schoolers that will be fun to watch.

Somerset hopefully has stablized the coaching situation. Lost some seniors but also have some good individuals. Pretty new coaching staff in high school and middle but those coaches seem pretty excited about coaching so I hope it is up for them.

SCC will also be hit or I should say leveled by graduation. Still have a couple of individuals that are pretty good. Also dont count out the coaches there, year in and year out they seem to field a good team with just about an entire JV. So dont count out SCC in being a solid team next year.

Last but not least,,,,,my alma matter and my homer pick, BW. Lost a state kid at the light end of the weights but the back up got second at JV state so promise there. Lost a couple of kids to graduation but hopefully has double digit 8th graders moving into high school. Hopefully they wrestlers grow a little bit and seperate in weight to fill out a line up!

Anyone else want to recap or through in their thoughts about the up coming year?

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mbcguy

The challenge for Ellsworth is to do something no other Ellsworth team has done before and that is to win back to back state titles.

CLC FAN

You aren't serious are you?  Has Ellsworth really never won two in a row?

mbcguy

State titles in 1985,2000,2007,2009,2011,2014,2016.  Runner-up in 1999,2001,2008,2012,2015.

littleguy301

Since 1999, Ellsworth has only NOT made team state in 02,03 and 04.

Was it Stanley Boyd in 02 and 03 and Osceola in 04?

For some reason I keep thinking there was a 4 year span in there but I could be very, very wrong.

Gosh, the more I think about it, that legendary middle school coach started his job right around that 2000's ish era! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Wonder if that helped any?

Also have the Word around certainly didnt slow down developement of anyone ;)

FinalWord

Without consulting any old records or coach Jimmy I believe that STanley Boyd was sectional champ in 2002, In 2003 Ellsworth left the Amery gym with the trophy but a recount on Sunday showed Osc had won the regional. Osceola was again regional champs in 2004 stopping Ells. At MM/GET Osceola beat Ellsworth in sectional final.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

shouldvewrestled

Medford won the team sectional in 03 after the recount I believe. Stanley Boyd, Medford in 02, 03. Who was team state participant in 04? Osceola beat Ellsworth at MM/GET in 05. Did Osceola go 2 in a row?

shouldvewrestled

Looked it up. SB went in 02 and 03. Medford in 04. Osceola 05.

littleguy301

There it goes, Medford in 04. I just couldnt remember.

I remember when Osceola made it, they gave LC probably the closest dual of the year but that was in the semi finals. LC was loaded that year!

NWIS

Other than 2 Grasses and Peohls. Who else was on the 04 Medford team?, Maybe a Higgins..

littleguy301

I will admit that in my hast in making predictions that I have been informed that I was misguided or jumping the gun on the fact that New Richmond may be having a new coach next year.

So while I may have lead people on, I will say I am sorry. That coaching decision in New Richmond is staying put for the time being and once again I am sorry that I may started a rumor mill on that.

On a side note: all coaches at some time will step down (age ;D ;D ;D ;D) I dont want to be premature about the stepping down/retiring before it is his time.