Watching State Wrestling from Home

Started by paintortureagony, February 08, 2021, 02:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintortureagony

With State being located in 3 different cities and only parents allowed to watch, how will each division be broadcast? Trackwrestling Pay Per View?  Also with the state finals, will they be scheduled tentatively at the same time, so I could have 3 TVs going at once to watch all 3 Division finals at once? I had 2 TVs going on Saturday and Trackwrestling did a decent job broadcasting Sectionals with the $10 Pay Per View. Would love to have 3 TVs going on Saturday night. With Covid, I am trying to organize the best way to experience all the drama that Championship Saturday provides.

crossface21

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

I have not used the NFHS Network recently.

Questions:
1) Will I be able to access all WIAA wrestling events (D1, D2, D3 all rounds) with the single $10.99 fee?
2) Is the fee recurring (will I have to cancel it manually) or will it last just one month and not bill again?
3) Does it still show more than one mat at a time (such as one in each corner of the screen?
4) Can I be logged into all three divisions at once?

Thanks for any incites on these.

madeyson

So the WIAA website says the finals will be broadcast on Fox Sports WI like other years - assuming with everyone waiting until 5:00 to start finals they will be at all three locations? Anyone have any details?

And during the finals will the other placement matches be live streamed to NFHS?

bigoil

Quote from: TomM on February 08, 2021, 03:14:22 PM

Questions:
1) Will I be able to access all WIAA wrestling events (D1, D2, D3 all rounds) with the single $10.99 fee?
2) Is the fee recurring (will I have to cancel it manually) or will it last just one month and not bill again?
3) Does it still show more than one mat at a time (such as one in each corner of the screen?

I have had NFHS for quite some time. It is recurring billing, so you will need to cancel post state (team state :) ). The camera set up is going to be dependent on the schools. If it is a typical NFHS set up, it would be mounted high on the wall to show the entire basketball court and functions to follow the players up and down the court. With a single mat, I don't think it will be any more zoomed in than that, though you have some options as a user to zoom in I believe.

I'm really not sure about the multiple events though what I will say is that you will not be able to use more than one device, because I have tried that and it doesn't work. I'm not sure about multiple events at the same time on the same computer.

Wrestling Novice

I would hope that each mat has an individual camera.  I heard that at one particular Sectional that the camera would focus on only two mats and ignore the third mat. 

As for streaming multiple events, I would hope that they allow you to stream all three at the same time on different devices. 

TomM

https://www.wiaawi.org/Media-Center/Web-Stream-Central

WRESTLING

Sectionals - Saturday, Feb. 13
WIAA.TV on the NFHS Network - Div. 1 (4 mats)
WIAA.TV on the NFHS Network - Div. 2 (4 mats)
WIAA.TV on the NFHS Network - Div. 3 (3 mats)

bigoil

Quote from: Wrestling Novice on February 08, 2021, 04:41:14 PM
I would hope that each mat has an individual camera.  I heard that at one particular Sectional that the camera would focus on only two mats and ignore the third mat. 

As for streaming multiple events, I would hope that they allow you to stream all three at the same time on different devices.
Devils advocate: if you could use multiple devices, wouldn't one log in cover multiple people, not too good for NFHS.

Wrestling Novice

Quote from: bigoil on February 08, 2021, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: Wrestling Novice on February 08, 2021, 04:41:14 PM

Devils advocate: if you could use multiple devices, wouldn't one log in cover multiple people, not too good for NFHS.

I'm saying for just state.  Maybe some computer genius created a code that would allow you to stream only one D1,1D2, and 1D3 per login..

UTB

NFHS website shows 11 sites (1 for each mat) starting at 10 AM CST 2-13-21.

crossface21

Quote from: TomM on February 08, 2021, 03:14:22 PM

Questions:

I'm not sure how many different computers you can have going as I think it only allows 1 stream per account(it miiiiiight let you have 2). I usually have multiple windows going on my computer screen.

As for the recurring fee, it does automatically renew. I cancel my membership as soon as I get(it's good for a month from the date you order it) so I don't forget a month later that they got me for another month of recurring membership.

Wrestlologist

From today's WIAA Individual Preview page, it looks like I might get screwed and miss the State Finals for the first time in many years.  I can't go and see them live.  I paid for and watched Sectionals on my computer. 

I live in rural Wisconsin and don't have access to Cable TV.  I refuse to get a dish because I don't watch much TV and I can get most things I want to watch with my antenna for free because it's floating through the air like it was advertised when I bought my TV years ago.  I just have to watch commercials so the TV stations make money.  I also have multiple computers with DSL connection.  However based on what is on the WIAA Individual Preview page, it looks like the Finals are not available by computer for any price.  The Finals also don't appear to be watchable by antenna. 

"FINALS ON FS WISCONSIN:  The championship final matches of all three divisions will be aired live on FS Wisconsin. Please check local cable listings for the FS Wisconsin channel in your area. The live programming aired on FS Wisconsin will also be streamed on FoxSportsGo.com with cable provider authentication.

"PRE-FINALS; THIRD & FIFTH-PLACE MATCHES STREAMED LIVE:  All mats of the pre-finals matches and the third- and fifth-place matches will be streamed live on WIAA.TV with a subscription to the NFHS Network. To purchase a subscription to the live programming for only $10.99 per month, log-on to www.wiaa.tv or www.nfhsnetwork.com and click on the subscription button at the top right of the page."

Does WIAA have a plan for a poor buy like me in the middle of nowhere can pay and watch the Finals?
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

joeski

I may be wrong, happens a lot. But I thought they had fsgo, a download to watch on devices. And I thought it was available on laptop. But, like I said. I'm probably wrong.

crossface21

Quote from: Wrestlologist on February 08, 2021, 07:48:14 PM
From today's WIAA Individual Preview page, it looks like I might get screwed and miss the State Finals for the first time in many years.  I can't go and see them live.  I paid for and watched Sectionals on my computer. 

I live in rural Wisconsin and don't have access to Cable TV.  I refuse to get a dish because I don't watch much TV and I can get most things I want to watch with my antenna for free because it's floating through the air like it was advertised when I bought my TV years ago.  I just have to watch commercials so the TV stations make money.  I also have multiple computers with DSL connection.  However based on what is on the WIAA Individual Preview page, it looks like the Finals are not available by computer for any price.  The Finals also don't appear to be watchable by antenna. 

"FINALS ON FS WISCONSIN:  The championship final matches of all three divisions will be aired live on FS Wisconsin. Please check local cable listings for the FS Wisconsin channel in your area. The live programming aired on FS Wisconsin will also be streamed on FoxSportsGo.com with cable provider authentication.

"PRE-FINALS; THIRD & FIFTH-PLACE MATCHES STREAMED LIVE:  All mats of the pre-finals matches and the third- and fifth-place matches will be streamed live on WIAA.TV with a subscription to the NFHS Network. To purchase a subscription to the live programming for only $10.99 per month, log-on to www.wiaa.tv or www.nfhsnetwork.com and click on the subscription button at the top right of the page."

Does WIAA have a plan for a poor buy like me in the middle of nowhere can pay and watch the Finals?

Yeah, looks like you can watch all the quarterfinals, semi's, and placement matches on NFHS but the finals will only be on Fox Sports or the FoxSportsGo app. Looks like I'll need to find a good friend to get their username and password for their cable so I can watch on the computer.