Watching the tournament live

Started by MarkK, February 29, 2016, 06:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

The live experience is soooo much better than it ever was in the past.

Being able to look up on the big screen and see who is wrestling on which mat, what the score is what weight is wrestling, what color leg bands is which wrestler, who is on deck, what school they represent, their year in school and record it is fantastic.

In the old days you had to try and read the clock for match number .  Thumb through the program to see who it was. If you filled it out.  You then had to look up school uniform colors to see which wrestler was which wrestler.  If they stuck with their standard uniform.  It was not nearly as fan friendly.  Today is so much better.  I bring this up because each of those steps was a progression.  I think TV will get better but I remember we complained about the clunliness of the previous live options.  It is not that we didn't appreciate the effort.  We did.  We had ides to make it better.  Others did as well.  Many of those ideas were incorporated.  When they used the big screen to advertise other sports we asked for mat infromatin instead.  I'm more for pushing to make it better.  Constructive criticism is effective.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Barou

I also liked the last name on the back of the singlets.  I believe it was Hudson?  Would like to see that trend.
JHI Mafia

whatever

I would like to see more wrestling cheerleaders.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Wrestlologist

Quote from: MarkK on February 29, 2016, 06:22:54 AM
The live experience is soooo much better than it ever was in the past.

Being able to look up on the big screen and see who is wrestling on which mat, what the score is what weight is wrestling, what color leg bands is which wrestler, who is on deck, what school they represent, their year in school and record it is fantastic.

In the old days you had to try and read the clock for match number .  Thumb through the program to see who it was. If you filled it out.  You then had to look up school uniform colors to see which wrestler was which wrestler.  If they stuck with their standard uniform.  It was not nearly as fan friendly.  Today is so much better.  I bring this up because each of those steps was a progression.  I think TV will get better but I remember we complained about the clunliness of the previous live options.  It is not that we didn't appreciate the effort.  We did.  We had ides to make it better.  Others did as well.  Many of those ideas were incorporated.  When they used the big screen to advertise other sports we asked for mat infromatin instead.  I'm more for pushing to make it better.  Constructive criticism is effective.

I completely agree. I used to wish it was required that a school's name be spelled out in readable letters on the singlet, but now with the big screen display it is not needed as much anymore.  I think last name on the back of the shirt should be considered with the wrestler getting the shirt at the end of the season.  After the tournament I watched a lot of video and have come to the conclusion that singlets should be banned and burned and replaced with sleeveless shirts and shorts (and not the shorts worn by girl's basketball). No wonder some prospective wrestlers don't want to wear the singlets.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.