New MLHS Coach and JV Tournaments

Started by meulendykej, September 16, 2015, 11:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meulendykej

Hey guys, I thought that I should introduce myself as the new Milwaukee Lutheran head coach.

My name is John Meulendyke.  I graduated from MLHS in 2000 and coached for a few years when Jim Refenes (the cowboy coach) was still coaching there.  I was asked to take over the program this year and hope to slowly build to the level we were at 10+ years ago.

To do that we are in need of building our JV program.  When I looked at our schedule this school year, we only had two tournaments scheduled (WAC and Kewaskum).  I was wondering if anyone knows of availability of open JV tourneys in the Southeastern part of the state. 

Apparently in the past, we were signing up for tourneys, and then not bringing anyone.  I am determined to make sure that this doesn't happen this year.  My hope is to be able to bring 7-14 wrestlers to our JV tournaments this year.

Thank you for your help, and I look forward to getting to know everyone this year.

John Meulendyke

Ghetto

Check your private messages. I sent you one about our JV tournament. Lutheran has come in the past.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

Make sure you contact the host school for your WWCA Coaches Challenge.  Homestead for ML I believe.  Jan 9.
Strive for Perfection

coastguard

ML used to come to the Port JV tournament.  It is December 12th.  Contact AD at 262-268-5500

mfhs

Menomonee Falls hosts a JV tourney on 12/12 also. 
Contact the AD at 262-255-8414 to get a contract if interested..

All kids get 4-8-5 matches against differing competition.  Great tourney for all levels of JV

HeavyHands165

Cedarburg has a Varsity Dual Tournament / JV Tournament December 12th... JV is in our older gym. blocked weights, 4 man round robin...

First week of the season, Plymouth H.S. host a beginner tournament for first-second year wrestlers. They do a great job of promoting the sport to the inexperienced wrestlers out there and getting them 3-4 matches. I have some ties up there, so let me know if you are interested and I can forward you contact info...

Sheboygan Falls usually has one mid-January as well... little drive, but the kids get 5 matches

meulendykej

Thanks for the offers on the Cedarburg Tourney.  It actually sounds nice to do JV and Varsity in the same place.  Unfortunately, we already have something scheduled for that day. 

Depending on what happens with our schedule over the next couple weeks, I will look into the Plymouth or Sheboygan Falls tourneys.