Tree Stands

Started by Kjohnson, November 04, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

bought a pair of these this week

https://www.treestandup.com/index.php

AS you get older, ladder stand seem to work the best. And now it is even easier to get it up

ramjet

I mostly use ground blinds but for rifle that ground blind is up 12 feet on purpose built platform. I do however have new bought last week climber the Viper mostly for hit and run hunting in areas that are not conducive to ground blinds.

Houndhead

I just bought two ladder stands from I guy at work. Cost me a 30-pack of Busch for each one. ;D

bigG

Nice deal. I'll give you a case of Bud for each. :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Looks like an easy system to use.  Is there any way that it's stabilized, other than leaning it on the tree?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on November 04, 2013, 04:55:18 PM
Looks like an easy system to use.  Is there any way that it's stabilized, other than leaning it on the tree?

Most ladder stands are tightened to the tree with ratchet straps and have a support bar for the middle of the ladder.

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on November 04, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

Most ladder stands are tightened to the tree with ratchet straps and have a support bar for the middle of the ladder.

Thanks.  I have a friend who is 91 and still climbing into a homemade stand.  Kind of worries me.  Maybe something like this would be a better option for him.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on November 04, 2013, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on November 04, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

Thanks.  I have a friend who is 91 and still climbing into a homemade stand.  Kind of worries me.  Maybe something like this would be a better option for him.

The "tree stand up" is designed so one man can lift a stand from the ground up next to a tree.

Handles II

So the only difference is the hinged tent stakes at the bottom? A good idea. i'm curious why you wouldn't just leave the spikes in rather than setting the bottom of the ladder in the dirt. I've seen where the ends of the ladder (if they are open ended) pack with mud/dirt, then the square tubing can get filled with water from rain and then freeze, and split or bulge the tubes. I would think keeping the latter on the stakes would keep them free from dirt/mud? Maybe they aren't built for years of sitting on the ground.
Something to note KJ, it appears you want those treestands up before the ground freezes  :)

Bigfellow

If you want to become the best, You got to wrestle the BEST!

bkraus

Quote from: Handles II on November 05, 2013, 08:57:37 AM
So the only difference is the hinged tent stakes at the bottom? A good idea. i'm curious why you wouldn't just leave the spikes in rather than setting the bottom of the ladder in the dirt. I've seen where the ends of the ladder (if they are open ended) pack with mud/dirt, then the square tubing can get filled with water from rain and then freeze, and split or bulge the tubes. I would think keeping the latter on the stakes would keep them free from dirt/mud? Maybe they aren't built for years of sitting on the ground.
Something to note KJ, it appears you want those treestands up before the ground freezes  :)

I thought leaving the spikes in would also stabilize it better.
Strive for Perfection

maggie

lol Big, that was great, a guy might as well rent a crane for an hr... :D
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

Quote from: maggie on November 05, 2013, 02:45:05 PM

Maybe the young guys on here should just start grooming their favorite trees, so that they grow into the shape of a tree stand.   ;D 

maggie

DARN, BE CAREFUL, i seen where another Poor person died getting his stand ready  :( ....ALWAYS US A SAFETY BELT!....
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

Quote from: imnofish on November 05, 2013, 04:41:50 PM
Quote from: maggie on November 05, 2013, 02:45:05 PM

Maybe the young guys on here should just start grooming their favorite trees, so that they grow into the shape of a tree stand.   ;D 

Bonzai, Wisconsin style.  :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.