Serious Questions for Wisconsin Fans

Started by wrestlinglife1, March 17, 2016, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Barry Davis already qualifies for a FULL pension from UW.

Micah

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 21, 2016, 12:21:15 AM
Barry Davis already qualifies for a FULL pension from UW.

Then I would guess when his daughter is out of school.  Isn't she running for the UW?  If she graduated already then who knows?

Barou

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 20, 2016, 09:30:49 PM
If you are not happy with Badger wrestling there are many other very good teams out there to watch. Heck maybe throw some support to the D2 and D3 school in the state or pick a neighboring state besides Iowa!!!!!!!

That's the spirit! 
JHI Mafia

lizard king

Quote from: Barou on March 18, 2016, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: lizard king on March 18, 2016, 03:37:43 PM
I just happen to spend time with a wrestler who trained with JT.  He tells me that he wanted a release from WI because if he does well in the Olympics in future years, he does not want UW or any of the coaches claiming credit.   IF that is true, wow, they took a kid who really stuck with them in the beginning to that point, sad.

I believe it. How credible is your guy?

Sorry, I have been gone, but I believe very creditable.

MNbadger

Sorry, but that sounds like a really weak story. If it is legit, it is quite lame in my opinion. Besides, greco and collegiate wrestling are two VERY diferent animals.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Dale Einerson

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2016, 11:46:45 AM
Badgers revenue sports I think are
Football
Men's basketball
Women's basketball
Men's Hockey

I think women's volleyball may be close now with their success and crowds.

I highly doubt women's hockey is considering they have their own rink and that has to cost a ton to maintain.

It will be interesting if the they hire the women's hockey coach to now coach the men's team.  Many wanted him to be the men's coach when Eaves was hired.

To be a stickler, they ALL generate revenue.  The question is, does the revenue they generate exceed the expenses they generate. 

The women's hockey rink is a fixed cost, and is used to practice, so it exists anyways and doesn't feel like a ping pong ball in a barrel when the women play at the Kohl Center.  (I must admit I am troubled to see how much adults struggle with things like the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet)(probably explains why so many vote the way they do...).  The women's game facility, the practice facility for the women and men, is on the balance sheet.  The expenses to run it exist whether or not the women play there...

The football program, the men's basketball program; the men's hockey teams used to all generate more dollars than they expended.  That changed with hockey the past 2 years. Men's hockey went from producing in the black, to running in the red.

I suggest to you that since Coach Waite, who retired 2-3 years ago as head volleyball Coach was making $141k per year, plus benefits, plus bonuses, I seriously doubt if the gate pays for the head coach's salary and benefits, and certainly not the assistants, uniforms, travel, referees, and on and on...It costs a family of 4 just $99 to attend all 15 home events.  Just $65 for an individual to get a season pass for the 15 home events. 

A huge reason Alvarez had to move on the Hockey Coaching position is not doing so would put all of the other sports not running in the black, at risk.

Bobbie Kelsie, Women's BB Coach up until recently, was 7-22 this year and seeded 13th in the conference.  Her career Big Ten record in 3 years was 19-65. 

If you want to make comparisons, please feel free to do so, thought some actual numbers might help...