Watching Regionals on my Laptop from my Living Room

Started by Wrestlologist, January 30, 2021, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestlologist

Div III Regionals at Amherst.  No fans allowed.  Signed up for pay-for-view with Trackwrestling.  Message came up that said if problems viewing, to contact Amherst High School.

Credit card accepted.  $15.  Brought up Mat 1 around 10:00.  Had to reenter info to bring up Mat 2.  Finally tried a new Tab and restarted Trackwrestling.  Now I could watch Mat 1 on one Tab and Mat 2 on another Tab  Then opened up another Tab and restarted Trackwrestling again.  This Tab was for the Hub view so I could see info like what year of school the wrestler was in and team scores.

So with three Tabs open, I was set.  They started the tournament at 10:15 instead of 11:00, so the first and second rounds were basically done before Trackwrestling released all of its data to the Public.  Started another Tab at 10:00 so I could do other things on  my laptop while waited an indeterminable time for the actual start time.

Mat 1 and Mat 2 each picked up the Announcer's voice clearly.  Good Announcer.  However, the audio feed was about ten seconds apart and neither one matched the score on the Hub.  I just turned off the audio on Mat 2.

Good video operator.  Zoomed in appropriately to get both wrestlers on a full screen.  As I switched Tabs, I expanded the Tab to full screen.  I could only see one Mat at a time, but I could switch during non-wrestling times.

One real problem is that one team had zero wrestlers and one team had only one.  Looks like this Regional is sending one of the Bye brothers to Sectionals.  What's happening to wrestling?

All in all, I was happy to be able to see the matches.  I made my own brats in my kitchen and thawed out some hot dog buns so I could eat the same as if I was at the meet.

Thanks to everyone that made it possible to finally watch some high school wrestling.

Thumbs down to the people that prevented us from watching the tournament in person.  I didn't wear a mask to watch my laptop.  Don't tell our Guv'nor.

Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.