Cliff Keen invite, 12-2-2016

Started by leg turk, November 21, 2016, 08:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

http://cklvwrestle.com/participating-teams/

There are some great schools at this one, but is the tourney where some of those schools bring their backup team?  Seems like last year, a couple of the good schools didn't have their top guns wrestling this tourney, but maybe I'm thinking of another tourney.

Big ten schools there....
Wisconsin
Michigan
Ohio St
Purdue
Minnesota

Other wrestling powerhouses...
A.S.U
Cornell
Edinboro
Virginia Tech
Stanford
Iowa St

Should be a great test for the Badgers!

leg turk

Some interesting notables I found from Intermat rankings, at this tourney.

#2 Jordan
#6  Logan Massa.. Michigan
#8  Dylan Cottrell.. West Virginia
#9  Anthony Valencia.. A.S.U
#12  Keaton Subject.. Stanford
#15  Austin Mathews.. Edinboro
#19  Dane Pestano... Iowa St
#20  Brandon Womack.. Cornell
Hwt...
#2 Medbery
#3 Ty Walz... Virginia Tech
#4  Tanner Hall.. A.S.U
#5  Michael Kroells... Minnesota
#10  Nathan Butler... Stanford
#15  Billy Miller... Edinboro
#19  Jeramy Sweaney... Cornell.

Jimmy

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

Ivan Stankowski

From what I hear he will be over seas wrestling Freestyle, he will not be there

wrestler133

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on November 28, 2016, 02:11:31 PM
From what I hear he will be over seas wrestling Freestyle, he will not be there

That's crazy...he is unreal.

HMsDad

I just read an article that said Snyder's wrestling overseas with his club team. I also see hebis the 1 seed for Cliff Keen. One would think that the organizers would know he's gone.

npope

Quote from: HMsDad on November 29, 2016, 01:50:53 PM
I just read an article that said Snyder's wrestling overseas with his club team. I also see hebis the 1 seed for Cliff Keen. One would think that the organizers would know he's gone.

I think the bigger question is why would tOSU even enter his name for the tourney? The coaches should certainly know that he won't be there and you don't get a (pre)seed unless you are entered, right?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wrastle63

Interesting to see Sharenbrock in at 157

badgerjohn

Quote from: wrastle63 on November 29, 2016, 07:43:16 PM
Interesting to see Sharenbrock in at 157

University Of Wisconsin   First Name   Last Name   Team   Team   Attached   Seed Info
1   125   Jens   Lantz   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   
2   133   Eli   Stickley   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   
3   141   Cole   Martin   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   
4   149   Andrew   Crone   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   Ranked 14th WIN
5   157   Jared   Scharenbrock   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   
6   165   Isaac   Jordan   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   Ranked
7   174   Ryan   Christensen   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   NQ
8   184   Hunter   Ritter   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   
9   197   Ricky   Robertson   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   2x NQ, Ranked 14th WIN
10   285   Connor   Medbery   University of Wisconsin   University of Wisconsin   Yes   
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

lizard king

Looking forward to this tournament.  Ranking is so important at D1 and most of these guys have a good shot at placing high.  It seems like if you do well early and get a high rank, it is hard to fall out too far.  Good Luck.

wrastle63

Hopefully we have a good showing as a team. I feel like we should have two champs in Zeke and Connor. There are also a few other ranked fairly high who have a good shot at placing. I am hoping to see some of the younger guys stepping up and hopefully getting an upset or two.

leg turk

it sounds like Snyder lost again over there.   :o

Harris

Can't wait to see how some of the younger guys do at this tournament.  I really think they could elevate their rankings if they have a great tournament.  I am already seeing the younger Badgers getting some love in the rankings, pre-seeds, and Cliff Keen predictions on Flo.  Go get it done!  This could be a great team confidence builder going into the Big Ten season.  Let's see some tough wrestling and some big upsets.

vsmf2010

Looking forward to the first round. Lots of winnable matches. Only Stickley facing a ranked wrestler with Eli drawing the 9 seed Welch from Purdue. JL will likely be on deck or close to it right away at 11:00am central.