WWF Kids Folkstyle State Championships

Started by bdezsc4, March 19, 2024, 09:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdezsc4

I see there is no talk about the upcoming youth state tournament. What do you'll think about the 7th & 8th graders? 

Ghetto

I'm very excited we have four kids wrestling at kids state. We've never had that many.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

rankwizard

Quote from: bdezsc4 on March 19, 2024, 09:27:57 PMI see there is no talk about the upcoming youth state tournament. What do you'll think about the 7th & 8th graders? 

A ton of great 8th grade talent hitting the mats on Saturday for sure, each bracket has a good number of studs ready to go after it.

No One Cares

Really looking forward to watching all the freshman!  Sorry, meant "redshirt" 8th graders.   

bud

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

No One Cares

thats2!

They just released the brackets on track

hutgoose

Quote from: No One Cares on March 20, 2024, 07:33:14 AMReally looking forward to watching all the freshman!  Sorry, meant "redshirt" 8th graders.   

There were a few last year too, that got a lot of hype this year as freshmans, but I don't remember seeing as many complaints as I do this year

bdezsc4

Quote from: hutgoose on March 20, 2024, 03:09:25 PM
Quote from: No One Cares on March 20, 2024, 07:33:14 AMReally looking forward to watching all the freshman!  Sorry, meant "redshirt" 8th graders. 

There were a few last year too, that got a lot of hype this year as freshmans, but I don't remember seeing as many complaints as I do this year

I can't wait to see all the competition, there are many studs in this tournament. There are some kids that I don't see that I thought would be in Madison. Must have had great competition at Qualifiers!

What and where are the complaints coming from. Not being smart a** just don't know...

littleguy301

In the long run redshirting really isn't a big deal.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ND103

We need to change the date of youth state, please! It should not conflict with the NCAA tournament. That is the pinnacle of our sport, and kids should be exposed to that from a young age.

littleguy301

Quote from: ND103 on March 21, 2024, 10:05:15 AMWe need to change the date of youth state, please! It should not conflict with the NCAA tournament. That is the pinnacle of our sport, and kids should be exposed to that from a young age.

It happens every so often. I believe it is because of Easter this year being next weekend. I remember one year having youth that weekend and that didn't work well either!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

rankwizard

Yea it does hurt the kids that don't "redshirt" but what can you do. Do your best to beat them but respect their choices.

WrestlerSB80

4 redshirts placements. Not sure about others.

2 champs
1 2nd place
1 4th place