By the Numbers Final Projections

Started by CLC FAN, February 07, 2019, 01:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

I will pick Coleman just as I did for the Pulaski invite and was correct.

Coleman vs Stratford is going to be a real fun dual may come down to bonus points and coin flip.

Coleman wins advances to State and wins State.

RockVikings

The Stratford Coleman dual should be an exciting one. Bonus points will be key. Can't wait to watch it all unfold.

OddDuck

Quote from: ramjet on February 07, 2019, 01:42:39 PM

Coleman vs Stratford is going to be a real fun dual may come down to bonus points and coin flip.

Agree. Stratford is a great team though.

NoFooForU

I'm with you.  Picked Coleman at Pulaski as well.  The most impressive team I've seen this year

padre

I think no doubt Coleman.  They will be getting bonus points at a few weights and I'm not sure if Stratford can get bonus points at any weight.

ramjet

Quote from: OddDuck on February 07, 2019, 03:37:49 PM

Agree. Stratford is a great team though.

Yes I agree Stratford is a top team great program.

padre

My final projection is 45-17 Coleman....won't be close.  Some great matches but some of those won't happen with bumping around.  Could be some forfeits when the match is in hand that could change the score.

Next year Stratford will easily win that team sectional.

scfcat

Whoever wins that one is going to have their hands full with Fennimore. D3 is very tough team wise this year.

HULK

Quote from: padre on February 07, 2019, 05:58:44 PM
I think no doubt Coleman.  They will be getting bonus points at a few weights and I'm not sure if Stratford can get bonus points at any weight.

Close!

padre

Quote from: HULK on February 13, 2019, 10:32:18 PM

Close!
t

Stratford really came to wrestle and set their lineup well. Coleman seemed cautious.  Quite shocked at the outcome.

bigoil

Quote from: padre on February 14, 2019, 06:07:26 AM
Quote from: HULK on February 13, 2019, 10:32:18 PM

Close!
t

Stratford really came to wrestle and set their lineup well. Coleman seemed cautious.  Quite shocked at the outcome.
If Coleman wins the first match, they win on tiebreaker, they bumped their 132 to 138 and Lost 5-4.

CLC FAN

NOPIN had this matchup favoring Stratford as a 64% favorite

NOPIN:  Stratford over Coleman  41-31
Actual:  Stratford over Coleman  33-27

NOPIN did get the Freedom/LC match wrong, having Luxemburg as the 52% favorite

NOPIN:  Luxemburg-Casco over Freedom  37-35
Actual:  Freedom over Luxemburg-Casco  35-24

Overall, NOPIN is 26-6 in the postseason, which is basically right in line with the regular season performance of 1181 dual winners correctly projected to 309 upsets. 

NOPIN:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Bo39OcGx6b9aQ1_BjZFLNvjDe1F465a9TTBqszvdww/edit?usp=sharing

bigoil

I thought NOPIN had Freedom much higher than LC?