Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Junkyardpig on Today at 12:26:13 PMHe's solid, but they are asking him to go 165.  Just wrestled central regional at 190.  He is definitely in need of a redshirt, but with bono feeling the heat, he is not looking out for the athlete just himself.  Jens will be thrown to the wolves in the big ten at 165. 
He just won state at 175. Mulvaney won at 182 and wrestled 165 this year.
I just looked up trackwrestling

Colin Kelly recently beat Matty Jens 11-8 at 190 freestyle state.

Kelly took 1st. Jens took 3rd.

Kelly beat the guy in the finals 13-4

I have no idea how tough Class 2A is in Illinois, so not sure if we should expect much or not.  I didn't see the kid ranked in Flo's top 100.  Can someone list out any nationally ranked kids (Top 100 Flo Big Board or Willie's Top 100 Big Board) that he's beaten.
He's solid, but they are asking him to go 165.  Just wrestled central regional at 190.  He is definitely in need of a redshirt, but with bono feeling the heat, he is not looking out for the athlete just himself.  Jens will be thrown to the wolves in the big ten at 165. 
Still looking to fill these dates for JV tourneys- 12/21 and 1/18
Quote from: BadgerOne on Yesterday at 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on Yesterday at 12:36:04 PMI thought I read somewhere that there might be a different "level" for schools who pay their athletes. If Penn State did, and no one else did, how would that work?
That premise is not true.  I think Iowa pays a lot.  Michigan also is rumored to pay a lot.   Oklahoma State might be paying now.

What I meant was, if they make a "pay level" for wrestling, and only four schools meet that threshold, it's going to be pretty difficult to build a schedule.

That doesn't seem to be the case.

Reading over the document, there's a lot up in the air and unsettled. The one thing that is for certain, the onus is on football and basketball. They are only considering those two sports when looking at this whole mess.

Like Andrew Brandt says, there will be lawyers. It is going to get tied up in litigation for a long while.
Quote from: Hungus on Today at 09:26:31 AM
Quote from: bigoil on Today at 08:00:42 AM3x FINALIST (2021 - Covid year - IL did not hold).

1 X champion, All 170/182 (I think I seen 164 as 8th grader)...

2x champ
Shoot, '24 and '23 champ, runner up in '22.
Great news and much needed depth to the team.  Welcome Matty!

Does anyone else think its a bit odd we can't get anyone from Iowa or Michigan?  With Bono and Reader and their history at ISU you would think we could get a few guys over the last 7 years.
Quote from: bigoil on Today at 08:00:42 AM3x FINALIST (2021 - Covid year - IL did not hold).

2x champ
3x FINALIST (2021 - Covid year - IL did not hold).