Started by TomM, March 06, 2014, 08:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Handles II

Love the blood splattered on the headgear in the picture.  ;)
i guess that does it, i'm going to have to go back to college again. Anyone know if Globe University has a wrestling team?

woody53

I have a new hero. Do you see how ripped this guys is? We have a ton of Coaches in this State that are as conditioned as he is, at this age. Young guys. This is what it is all about. Even if you did not accomplish your goals in high school. There are so many options to enjoy the sport, after your organized practice.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Handles II

Our team at UD had a 32 year old, and I just found out a former wrestler went back to school and just became a NJCAA All-American at 28.  Neither is 44, but I'm sure they are glad they did it.

woody53

I wrestled until I was 50 in Veterans and Old Timers  Tournaments. It meant everything to me. My best experience came after a match at the Watertown Spring Tournament. Had a guy asked me if I was the same Rich Carlson who beat him in high school. After we confirmed that, he let me know that the young man that just beat me, was his son. Truly, doesn't get better that that. For both sides.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!